full moon bill

1 hour ago, bird said:

I always like a walk on a full moon with a lurcher, done it now for 35 years, and still like it. Went out last night 10 pm with Buck , i take me small lamp just  in case lol, .Buck was out in front, i go on these few fields by me, i find a hole in hedge  and pop in lol, never much on here the odd rabbit, or munjack  or fox, but norm dont see alot when out, but thats ok it just nice 50 min walk for Buck before i feed him , and shut him up in his kennel for the night. Buck gets his head down, i knew something been there , the way he was moving, i was watching him along the side of the hedge , when a hare shot out in front, he went after it, but he lot his pace now  he 10 year old now, the hare then ran bottom 1/4 of the field , maybe  3 year ago Buck got up to that, and tried to nail it, but that life i thought , he 10 = 70, same as me  iam 70 we both old fookers lol. He came back to me, patted him  then carried on walking. Went into another field , walked about 20 mins down by this other hedgerow , when a feckin fox  came trotting out, well put me lap on him, Buck seen him right away, and went after him, feck me  he did go, he was closing him down, when the bloody thing went into the edge at bottom to the road, got away, Buck trying to get through but old Charlie boy was gone he didnt hang a bout. Well  what cracking 50 mins that was, norm dont see much, but 2 nice little runs for Buck, he was happy and me, shame you have to get old man and dog .

Brilliant post mate

time for some young blood you have plenty of years  ahead of you. Get one about 2years old mate

6 hours ago, bird said:

I always like a walk on a full moon with a lurcher, done it now for 35 years, and still like it. Went out last night 10 pm with Buck , i take me small lamp just  in case lol, .Buck was out in front, i go on these few fields by me, i find a hole in hedge  and pop in lol, never much on here the odd rabbit, or munjack  or fox, but norm dont see alot when out, but thats ok it just nice 50 min walk for Buck before i feed him , and shut him up in his kennel for the night. Buck gets his head down, i knew something been there , the way he was moving, i was watching him along the side of the hedge , when a hare shot out in front, he went after it, but he lot his pace now  he 10 year old now, the hare then ran bottom 1/4 of the field , maybe  3 year ago Buck got up to that, and tried to nail it, but that life i thought , he 10 = 70, same as me  iam 70 we both old fookers lol. He came back to me, patted him  then carried on walking. Went into another field , walked about 20 mins down by this other hedgerow , when a feckin fox  came trotting out, well put me lap on him, Buck seen him right away, and went after him, feck me  he did go, he was closing him down, when the bloody thing went into the edge at bottom to the road, got away, Buck trying to get through but old Charlie boy was gone he didnt hang a bout. Well  what cracking 50 mins that was, norm dont see much, but 2 nice little runs for Buck, he was happy and me, shame you have to get old man and dog .

Nice one Ray ? 

22 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

Brilliant post mate

time for some young blood you have plenty of years  ahead of you. Get one about 2years old mate

thanks mate, i deff miss the big old bugger when he gone . what you said before  when he gone, something bit of lab in maybe, deff be somthing with good coat and brain . went out last night but no wind, moon up  nothing about, it norm like that , but that bit of wind the other night , had them out a bit. you been  up to much ?

On 08/11/2022 at 12:43, bird said:

Ray sounds like you still having a lot of fun mate keep at it hope I can still do it when I'm 70

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bird said:

thanks mate, i deff miss the big old bugger when he gone . what you said before  when he gone, something bit of lab in maybe, deff be somthing with good coat and brain . went out last night but no wind, moon up  nothing about, it norm like that , but that bit of wind the other night , had them out a bit. you been  up to much ?

No mate got no runners anymore 

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/11/2022 at 12:43, bird said:

Hope you have many more moons yet mate?