Ok dog experts

So this is Snow, guy walked up to the house a few months ago half starved and well he just kinda made him self at home.  Sweet as can be , pretty chill, super affectionate I like him, most of the neighbors do to. Doesn't cause any real trouble keeps the cows off the fence ECT. 

Anyhow what y'all reckon he's made of ? Got the head of a pit if I've ever seen it . Scared the hell out of most people when they pull up and he's just walking about because of it. Not super muscular though...anyhow what y'all think. Fired you guys would enjoy this kinda thing lolScreenshot_20221108-060907-474.png.3a8edabceac3b9649bf2a886bfef7362.png

Edited by Wolfdog91
  • Like 1
  • Wolfdog91 changed the title to Ok dog experts

They use all them weird mixes like hound /bird dog x bull terrier for hog hunting don’t they ?

Id say dogs like that would be pretty common in areas with hogs ?

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

So this is Snow, guy walked up to the house a few months ago half starved and well he just kinda made him self at home.  Sweet as can be , pretty chill, super affectionate I like him, most of the neighbors do to. Doesn't cause any real trouble keeps the cows off the fence ECT. 

Anyhow what y'all reckon he's made of ? Got the head of a pit if I've ever seen it . Scared the hell out of most people when they pull up and he's just walking about because of it. Not super muscular though...anyhow what y'all think. Fired you guys would enjoy this kinda thing lolScreenshot_20221108-060907-474.png.3a8edabceac3b9649bf2a886bfef7362.png

What part of the country you in?looks like what the call White English bulldogs/old southern bulldogs etc depending on where in the southern states they are.Predecessors of what became known as American Bulldogs

• Like 1

IM NO EXPERT.Bulldog birddog  crosses are used alot in Dixie for a hogdog.Some people call them outlaw curs.We called em running catchdogs.Meaning they ran loose instead of on a leash like a proper catchdog.Usually a running catchdog can handle boar up to 150 pounds.If bigger they will bay until the catchdog arrives.Handy type dog.

I would guess wolfdog has something similar.In My Opinion.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, WILF said:

For anyone that hasn’t seen them, the “Hogs, Dogs & Quads” dvd series is brilliant…..them boys sure are levelling some gear.

There’s a lot of clips on YouTube. Them boys are living the life, makes me wish I’d emigrated. 

• Like 1