Decided to have some quality time

11 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Was check trail cams at my parents place and dad just kinda out of know where said " you know ...wonder what to catfish we stocked in the bottom pasture pond are doing ?"

Probably been a year or two since we did any fishing together, and my little said he want to too , and he's 17 goin on 18 now so now's the time to do some family stuff . So 30min later  down at the pond.

IMG_20221106_153054552_HDR.jpg.0b7450621ba6f9438ba04f4cfe3e14c1.jpgFB_IMG_1667781001315.jpg.c2bf6549f2861889dff43881eb10189c.jpgFB_IMG_1667781003311.jpg.0d2b73979a052da35b3b846d55c352af.jpgFB_IMG_1667781005436.jpg.7208ba811b6a63f6a7636d2858da9a1f.jpgFB_IMG_1667781009259.jpg.f240756d668ae5d408eb6520491c536e.jpgFB_IMG_1667781011236.jpg.a6710656c789ed307ad236f5b985e707.jpgFB_IMG_1667781013838.jpg.6b3610270a72d314c954e0914da744fb.jpg

Few small channel catfish probably 60-80 bream ( these little farm ponds are full of them and once they get in a school it's back to back as fast as you can cast).

Little 4' Ulta light and 4lbs test make this little fish feel like monster so tons of fun

That and trying to teach my brick shit house of a little brother that you don't need to cast a rod like your trying to launch it into f***ing orbit  to get some distance. But the kid is on the power lifting team at school so he tends to not get the finer parts of finesse and technique ?

Just a good fun time . Might not be rich or famous but got this so ??

That boy has got defensive centre written all over him !

Does he play American football matey ? 

Edited by WILF
5 hours ago, WILF said:

That boy has got defensive centre written all over him !

Does he play American football matey ? 

He used to do little league for a while but about two years of that he just decided it wasn't for him and my parents to believe in pushing us to stuff like that like a lot of parents do. But yeah even when he was just a little kid he was a brick shit house and he was a beast on the field. I mean I'd help coach and I'd watch hime hold three other kids in place ? and with them cleats there just wasn't any moding him . He rarely would tackle but when he did...man it was like a f***ing wrecking ball, thank God he doesn't have my temper ?? was trying to find some pictures of him back then playing but I can't ,sorry about that.

All that being said he's actually a musician! Kids still a years and a half from cottage and he's already got a full ride scholarship though the band ! So far the Sax is his favorite but he can paly guitar,and a a half dozen other thing.

Screenshot_20221107-112752-392.png.dffa1f3dd821f4d396cc6a96701a12a9.pngFB_IMG_1667842152332.jpg.fc14dd034891091ada6a3676663025ad.jpg

He's also on the School's power lifting team ( think 375 is is top right now) he's about to do archery along with band and if they can get it set up he wants to be on the shooting team as well. Draws and is stared up coding as well Not to mention ALL A's ! Can't tell you how proud I am of him ?

And for those wondering, he got his size from my mom's said if the family all my uncle's on her side are tall muscle bound, just big kind natured guys . So him and my older brother. Mean while I got my size (and apparently general disposition) from my dad's side ??

As you can tell I got the shor end of the stick ??? 17 26 and 24 from left to right

( And yes my older brother in the middle is mentally handicapped, I know some could probably tell just by the pic but yeah middle ground on the autism spectrum h lol of a farm hand though!)Screenshot_20221107-113037-462.png.38a465ed3abb2db75f9bcf3704de2931.png

So went on a little rant there but man I'm proud of his little ass !?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

What did you find on the trail cams 

Nothing much honestly feeders only been up for a week so mainly just racoons , an armadillo, rabbit and a deer walking by. No hogs which suprised me though.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Is that a blue gill ?

Yes sir! Not really any big ones but their beyond fun to catch. 

We just use the term bream for any panfish that looks or is shaped like these fish because you have like 50-100 different species of panfish I think. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

There any bass in there mate .I’ve used bluegills as live bait for decent largemouth in Florida .

Theirs supposed to be. Dad stocked it earlier in the year with 100 channel catfish , like 20 larger mouth 50 something white crappie and a 100 odd bluegill

Haven't caught any of the bass yet but I think the heat and low rain we've had all yeah may have killed them but who's to say ?

A smaller live gill under a float is hell on bass though like you said ? alot of the bass purist really frown on it though , but I mean ....drink a beer with a free blue gill swimming around looking for the bass for you or  casting a 10-40 doallr lure 300 times ... I'm a little lazy so guess which I pic ??

• Haha 1
42 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

He used to do little league for a while but about two years of that he just decided it wasn't for him and my parents to believe in pushing us to stuff like that like a lot of parents do. But yeah even when he was just a little kid he was a brick shit house and he was a beast on the field. I mean I'd help coach and I'd watch hime hold three other kids in place ? and with them cleats there just wasn't any moding him . He rarely would tackle but when he did...man it was like a f***ing wrecking ball, thank God he doesn't have my temper ?? was trying to find some pictures of him back then playing but I can't ,sorry about that.

All that being said he's actually a musician! Kids still a years and a half from cottage and he's already got a full ride scholarship though the band ! So far the Sax is his favorite but he can paly guitar,and a a half dozen other thing.

Screenshot_20221107-112752-392.png.dffa1f3dd821f4d396cc6a96701a12a9.pngFB_IMG_1667842152332.jpg.fc14dd034891091ada6a3676663025ad.jpg

He's also on the School's power lifting team ( think 375 is is top right now) he's about to do archery along with band and if they can get it set up he wants to be on the shooting team as well. Draws and is stared up coding as well Not to mention ALL A's ! Can't tell you how proud I am of him ?

And for those wondering, he got his size from my mom's said if the family all my uncle's on her side are tall muscle bound, just big kind natured guys . So him and my older brother. Mean while I got my size (and apparently general disposition) from my dad's side ??

As you can tell I got the shor end of the stick ??? 17 26 and 24 from left to right

( And yes my older brother in the middle is mentally handicapped, I know some could probably tell just by the pic but yeah middle ground on the autism spectrum h lol of a farm hand though!)Screenshot_20221107-113037-462.png.38a465ed3abb2db75f9bcf3704de2931.png

Good for you, what a lovely post ?

Amazing achievement to get a scholarship so well done young man, I couldn’t actually tell your older brother had any type of “disability” (for want of a better term) but there are few lads on here have experience of autism (myself included) and we know that don’t alway make people “disabled” …….it’s just different challenges.

You just know that young man is going to get to college and they will look and say “There is the protection for the quarterback !” Lol …….they won’t be letting him play trumpet while the QB is getting sacked right, left and centre ! Lol 

375 is no mean lift either……I couldn’t do it these days that’s for sure.

You sound very proud of them both and rightfully so ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
20 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Do you get many gators or venous snakes round your ponds wolf dog 

We don't really have the population where we live for gators to be much of a problem. With us they mainly live around the larger water ways like the creeks and rivers and they might moves a mile or two away from that but generally never have any issues with them. Louisiana is a different story.

As far as venoms snakes, YES ! Very common to see cottonmouths around ponds like this , and depending what time of the year it is they will chase you. I mean seriously you'll see one 30yd in the water way from you , it notices you and it will make a B line and come right at you. Thing are mean as shit for no reason ? copper heads can be a big problem to on the banks as they like to hunt the grass for frog and the like and they bend in so good you'll get popped before you realize their their. Rattle snakes can be a problem to but generally they keep away from people so you usually don't really even not them ith their there. I've actually been fishing in knee high water and had a easily 6ft can break rattler swim up to me look up at me and it was like he shrugged and and just swam between my l vs and went on about his day .

But the cotton mouths are the biggest ones to look out for. Especially if you have dogs because seems like a dog will find every one they can. Good thing is though generally they won't kill a dog. That side of their face will be swollen for a week or so but that's about it.

But yeah there's a reason we all carry pistols ? look at my dad waist in the first picture , even though he can't hit the broad side of the barn usually a shot or two in there general direction will get them to go " f**k f**k f**k nope !" And go in the other direction ??

Edited by Wolfdog91
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
55 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

That's a real nice post mate...

Good for you to be proud of your brothers, that's a nice trait in people imo...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1