When to a place with a couple of family members for a piss about with the air rifles, Now this place does Clay pigeon shooting, Archery, Air rifle shooting and this airsoft stuff. 

Anyway spends an hour or so killing metal bunnies and crows on the range, then decided to pop to the café for some breakfast, As were walking to the café this bloke walks by, He is dressed like an American navy seal, Kevlar helmet. body armour, assault vest, boots the lot. sidearm strapped to his leg and carry an M4A1 carbine. I though well there's something you don't see everyday. 

After breakfast in café i decided to see where this bloke had gone, walked down the field and behind a couple of containers and found him along with a collection of other special forces dressed blokes from various Countries of the world, All shooting at man sized metal targets.

Now i had no idea what this airsoft stuff was about until today. Its plastic BB`s from what i can tell. I looked and looked but just couldn't get my head around it, at all. I know we take the piss out of committed air rifle enthusiast who seem a tad over zealous at times But this was another level ? 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was shooting pigeons in an old mill and had two non shooting mates with me for the ride as they wanted to kill something. Anyway one full floor of this mill is taken up by Airsoft, they weren't open b

Frank butcher?

Didn't know what this was so I googled it ,I can see the attraction of taking the kids ,but groups of grown men dressing up to play soldiers !..the gormless twats need slapping .

Posted Images

They get anal about having the right uniform too. A mate used to browse an air rifle forum where they had a section and were often talking about having worked on contracts in sandy places ?

I posted using my mate's account while he wasn't looking asking one of them if he could get me a contract to do the donkey rides at Cleethorpes.  He got a week's ban ?  .

• Haha 3
21 minutes ago, paulus said:

When to a place with a couple of family members for a piss about with the air rifles, Now this place does Clay pigeon shooting, Archery, Air rifle shooting and this airsoft stuff. 

Anyway spends an hour or so killing metal bunnies and crows on the range, then decided to pop to the café for some breakfast, As were walking to the café this bloke walks by, He is dressed like an American navy seal, Kevlar helmet. body armour, assault vest, boots the lot. sidearm strapped to his leg and carry an M4A1 carbine. I though well there's something you don't see everyday. 

After breakfast in café i decided to see where this bloke had gone, walked down the field and behind a couple of containers and found him along with a collection of other special forces dressed blokes from various Countries of the world, All shooting at man sized metal targets.

Now i had no idea what this airsoft stuff was about until today. Its plastic BB`s from what i can tell. I looked and looked but just couldn't get my head around it, at all. I know we take the piss out of committed air rifle enthusiast who seem a tad over zealous at times But this was another level ? 

Tons of it on YouTube mate they take it V seriously ??

It made me laugh when you see that their toy guns are marked "Special Forces".  Mick used to browse these and the Survival forums. He was obsesed with them. Walt's World he called them. There was one post asking for recommended places to wild camp in the Peak District. He stipulated that it must have 3G. 

4 minutes ago, jok said:

Remember the days of paint guns ffs. Jok

I was talking to the bloke who runs the shop and he explained that airsoft had taken over from paint balling. His shop only had one air rifle in it everything else was airsoft, He said that they spend a fortune on the kit and he has less hassle selling it than normal guns. first time i had seen it, i will stick to my old Dianna 25 with open sites that my parents brought me for my 12th birthday. 

10 minutes ago, paulus said:

I was talking to the bloke who runs the shop and he explained that airsoft had taken over from paint balling. His shop only had one air rifle in it everything else was airsoft, He said that they spend a fortune on the kit and he has less hassle selling it than normal guns. first time i had seen it, i will stick to my old Dianna 25 with open sites that my parents brought me for my 12th birthday. 

Can you write "Special Forces" on the side for authenticity?

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Can you write "Special Forces" on the side for authenticity?

I got a pair of Oakley wraparounds in the States, the bloke behind the counter asked did I want the regular bag they came in or did I want one with Special Forces on it ?

• Haha 2