Got some Conibear pans

So after running trail cams on some small cages with wire triggers I made and conibears , I saw a lot of smaller animals like barn rats actually gave a lot of refusals that or the where able to get though without triggering the trap alot , various reasons . Seemed for every one I caught a few more smaller ones would just walk under the triggers or the bigger ones just didn't want to push though. I'll tell you a teil camera will really show you just how little your actually doing lol. Thought I was hammering them . Nope. Tried a few different things and found for those critter the b st thing to do was to attach some kinda bait to the trigger wires. But anyhow was always cures how effective a good pan would be on a coni for rats and squirrels and other rodents so when I saw some of these made by expand a pan at the convention this weekend I had to try. Gotta say their really nice and heavy and with a tiny bit of tweaking they sit nice and fire pretty easy. Only deal is the trap has to be elevated a little bit but not much at all which honestly isnt much of a problem with with my coni boxes and I can always weld up a little stabilizer. Anyhow really excited to try these.  

Reinventing the wheel ? Possibly. Making a better mouse trap ?

FB_IMG_1667752972622.jpg

FB_IMG_1667752975202.jpg

FB_IMG_1667752977049.jpg

FB_IMG_1667752978977.jpg

FB_IMG_1667752980760.jpg

• Like 7

10 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv saw them used over here but never used them meself. Lad j know swears by them an makes them himself but just making them slide over wires when the wires are wide open with a little bit of a bend to keep them stable,  they deffo work, stick some vids of them in action of you get some please ?

Pull my only working trail cam off my deer feeder to try and get some for y'all ? rat turds every where so I give it a day or two before we get some footage

IMG_20221106_212523966.jpg

IMG_20221106_212534277.jpg

IMG_20221106_212540541.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 06/11/2022 at 10:58, W. Katchum said:

Iv saw them used over here but never used them meself. Lad j know swears by them an makes them himself but just making them slide over wires when the wires are wide open with a little bit of a bend to keep them stable,  they deffo work, stick some vids of them in action of you get some please ?

No real footage but ... They seem to work ? not what I was after but these things seem to get into Evey trap no matter what you do. Make it worse the rat came by AFTER the possum got wacked and just sat their and ate ?

Will say though these little 5x5's ain't no joke ! Barely any disturbance to the set. Looks like he got wacked and game over as it should be ?

IMG_20221108_091658080.jpg

IMG_20221108_091725267.jpg

IMG_20221108_093419176_HDR.jpg

• Like 4
4 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Are possums worth anything skin wise mate .

Only not really, a few buck if your luck , think at our fur sale they averaged like $1 if that. I mean just plain not worth the time to skin flesh and put up. Especially southern fur. That being said apparently our have the best looking fur for some reason but idk..I prefer to avoid them if possible but the damn things will find your set it seems no matter what .

They are hell of ground meat birds like turkeys so taking them out helps them big time and they do carry a deal that makes horse abort during the pregnancy if they catch it but honestly I just prefer to let them be.

Other wise ...well ,buzzards gotta eat.

Will say though there's a few people while give me $10-20 for one especially one live caught

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Do they make good pets ?

Actually yes , especially if you get them young, their pretty chill animals, most of what they do is east and sleep and not much else honestly. You can littlery box train them like a cat and honestly you forgot their theri for the most part . Will say though they do get kinda affectionate. The one my ex hate would bite you foot and drag it to where she wanted it while you where sleeping so she could cuddle up next to it. 

Most people want them alive so they can feed them out per say. Basically but them in a rabbit hutch looking deal and feed them corn and water for a week or two to clean them out like a pig. Supposed to make them eat better but idk .

I know a rough tough cockney type geezer lives in a really nice place in the Hollywood hills was sitting round his pool one evening chatting to his mum on the phone when she heard him screaming and panicking saying a creature was trying to attack him, turned out to be a possum walking around the garden.