Advice please..

11 hours ago, tomburras said:

Can the whole village put a complaint to the council about it?

So one site got brown enveloped during covid lockdown and no one seemed to no anything about it, all rushed through very quick. They are clever with how they have done it. Both of the solar farms are bordered between two seperate council districts by one road, so now they can approach a different council and put application in for the one now which will effect us the most. 

Edited by wyluke
  • Sad 1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Makes a change from houses. I'd rather have the solar panels

That is a beautiful view that’s for sure but it’s one of the reasons I live on a boat because everywhere you go views like that are being blighted by solar/wind farms or housing estates to be filled b

Cheers for advice

Posted Images

19 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Newts mate ,great crested preferably .Wont stop it but they will search high and low for them ?

Now there's an idea. There was a proposal to route the A631 through some land that I had permission on. The alternative route would have gone through a golf course so they engaged expensive lawyers. Strangely enough the council were anonymously tipped off about such newts in a small pond on the shoot. They re-surveyed the area and found some. Must have missed them first time around.  Road never got built.

Coincidentally there is a small population of great crested newts in a little pond near where I used to live.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, wyluke said:

I can use google too ?

??????

well why didn’t you ? Or know that the presence of an sssi isn’t a hard stop by any means for construction as many here are insinuating with the use of newts etc . 

my best advice would be to wipe your mouth and move on , sustainable energy isn’t a bad thing in reality is it ? X

4 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

??????

well why didn’t you ? Or know that the presence of an sssi isn’t a hard stop by any means for construction as many here are insinuating with the use of newts etc . 

my best advice would be to wipe your mouth and move on , sustainable energy isn’t a bad thing in reality is it ? X

You are right. These days they are more likely to re-locate the protected species. The area I was talking about is an old park that was formerly the domain of a noble family who themselves  re-located to North Yorkshire. The park itself was under protection by English Heritage and the highways dept wanted to shave a bit off for the by-pass. I think the newts discovery was the straw that broke the camel's back. The residents, EH and campaign groups all contributed.

agreed mate .

What normally happens is a representative of natural England will come out ( for a fee) upon discovery of bees , newts etc , they will look at the workplace breakdown structures and phases , measure them against the risk assessments from the client / pm and make adjustments / advisories . It’s certainly not a hard stop by any means .

however the contractor will pretty much absorb that into their RA and will be offset into the Inital ground investigation. 

there’s a saying in construction “that you either pay for pay for a ground investigation or you pay for a ground investigation” 

the idea of sone local resident being all Erin brokovich is something that’s nullified at the first hurdle 

3 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

agreed mate .

What normally happens is a representative of natural England will come out ( for a fee) upon discovery of bees , newts etc , they will look at the workplace breakdown structures and phases , measure them against the risk assessments from the client / pm and make adjustments / advisories . It’s certainly not a hard stop by any means .

however the contractor will pretty much absorb that into their RA and will be offset into the Inital ground investigation. 

there’s a saying in construction “that you either pay for pay for a ground investigation or you pay for a ground investigation” 

the idea of sone local resident being all Erin brokovich is something that’s nullified at the first hurdle 

I suppose thats it then, roll over and let it happen. Countries nakered because we've no backbone. Its not one lone resident though. I quite like sandra bullock too.

Edited by wyluke
1 hour ago, tomburras said:

What about bats, would it cause any problems to bat roosts?

They make you build a suitable building especially to house them or incorporate bat boxes to the new roofs....Ive built a couple over the years...last going off it was 8/10 k fine for every bat that was missing from the first survey or they find brown bread,they have a 'batman' come every single day to check??

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

They make you build a suitable building especially to house them or incorporate bat boxes to the new roofs....Ive built a couple over the years...last going off it was 8/10 k fine for every bat that was missing from the first survey or they find brown bread,they have a 'batman' come every single day to check??

Good thing really ?

2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Put up 2 units 15 years ago, they spent £30k on a "bat house" was a proper full building...

As I always tell the kids, we have no bats here...??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2