Advice please..

45 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

they will have their own maintenance/grounds people contracted in...and for the pest control ? on a brighter note give it a few month's and maybe old Socks will have the contract and sub it out to decent local lads?

About who you know not what you know unfortunately. And everyone undercutting each other to get contracts is ridiculous. Been doing a bit of work on local one most the staff are Bulgarian and can only talk to them through google translate ?

• Like 1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Makes a change from houses. I'd rather have the solar panels

That is a beautiful view that’s for sure but it’s one of the reasons I live on a boat because everywhere you go views like that are being blighted by solar/wind farms or housing estates to be filled b

Cheers for advice

Posted Images

If it’s in the discussion stage ,all searches will have been done lads  .They will know what’s there and come up with excuses as to how a field full of mirrors will benefit everything .Ihave one on a patch of ground I considered my best medal class roe buck stalking .The deer moved away  for ages but are back now around the outside along with lots of bop and game birds on the inside .Badger runs were maintained through it now used by muntjac .I have shot  a sneaky muntie on the inside and I was able to drag under the fence ?.

Cameras on every corner ?

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

What were you expecting mate ? 

a maverick renegade environmentalist to suddenly jump into the fray ? 

what can you do wether than ask if the upkeep / maintenance is going to benefit the local community in any way ?? 

No but i suppose from someone whos user name would of been funny to an 11 year old thats just watched american pie not very much..but maybe someone who has previously had experience with said issue or has a job relating to any form of planning a bit of advice like i said..

• Haha 1
52 minutes ago, stop.end said:

They will already have had ecology report done ✔ 

Would evidence of ground nesting birds be on the report, as i have seen and got pics and videos of lapwings on the land. These are currently on red level?

Edited by wyluke
Spelling mistake
1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

We ferret the one at Plymouth, not done it for a couple of years but they've asked us back again this year.... loads on it as its fenced in and secure, had lots of plus 50 days best around 80... loads of netting and no good for running dogs..

Sorry Wyluke, I've no idea how to halt planning, being a pain in the ass for them will probably lengthen the time period and cost them a few quid, but the money in sustainable energy is immense and as we all know money talks!!

I like how they quote the carbon neutral time and time again. All the minerals needed for the equipment are mined by industry damaging land... then the parts made in china which have halted any sustainable energy and are now the biggest coal users. And then there is the transportation and building costs. They use the word offsetting at every opportunity which means naff all. The land proposed sites are arable and up and till last summer were all grain. In a time when we are told of "food shortages" looks like its profit over people once again. Most will snub it as it doesn't effect them. Time to see if the community spirit is still there.

Edited by wyluke
13 minutes ago, wyluke said:

I like how they quote the carbon neutral time and time again. All the minerals needed for the equipment are mined by industry damaging land... then the parts made in china which have halted any sustainable energy and are now the biggest coal users. And then there is the transportation and building costs. They use the word offsetting at every opportunity which means naff all. The land proposed sites are arable and up and till last summer were all grain. In a time when we are told of "food shortages" looks like its profit over people once again. Most will snub it as it doesn't effect them. Time to see if the community spirit is still there.

They will butter up the local community with yearly grants going to the local area. 

They is grate cresced newts on a feild where I keep sheep its down to be built on but they have had to make a special newt pond and newt fencing etc and has held them up 2 years up till now , might be worth finding a newt on there ??? 

15 minutes ago, vfr400boy said:

They is grate cresced newts on a feild where I keep sheep its down to be built on but they have had to make a special newt pond and newt fencing etc and has held them up 2 years up till now , might be worth finding a newt on there ??? 

Importing and release of newts is a great business nowadays.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wyluke said:

No but i suppose from someone whos user name would of been funny to an 11 year old thats just watched american pie not very much..but maybe someone who has previously had experience with said issue or has a job relating to any form of planning a bit of advice like i said..

Because huge investment in sustainable energy companies are in the habit of just building adhoc over the place aren’t they ? 

I mean it’s not like they won’t have carried out ground investigation procedures from soil profile testing , to California bearing ratio test ( probably dynamic ) extract samples to analyse optimum moisture content , dry density , likely a falling head test to establish the permeability of the soil to aid in the identification of the actual ground . 

a company who go to lengths like that definetly won’t have checked in geology viewer , or sssi index or even looked at the weather history of that grid location over the last ten years . 

hope that helps with your crusade ??? 

yours pedantically 

77FEDAF9-6E6D-4AEB-BF90-B62EC39A2034.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, wyluke said:

So i wont bore you with the details.. but my village has just been hit with a leaflet outlining plans for a huge solar farm..anyone any advice on what to present in a decent way of objection.. many of my pals are saying the usual.. we'll burn it down, damage it..etc but im going to the propsal meeting and want to put together something sensible and try bring the community together and get people on board with me. The plans they have is on land i used to hunt when i was a kid, then numbers dropped off and only now have startes picking up again. Anyone been through anything similar.

16675731083811503502292399579022.jpg

16675731409132037438287494638336.jpg

I don't blame you wyluke this is my view from bedroom window I'm praying there's no plans to build in the future I'd be (fkin) gutted I'd don't blame you for been concerned 

20220609_202301.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, tomburras said:

I don't blame you wyluke this is my view from bedroom window I'm praying there's no plans to build in the future I'd be (fkin) gutted I'd don't blame you for been concerned 

20220609_202301.jpg

That is a beautiful view that’s for sure but it’s one of the reasons I live on a boat because everywhere you go views like that are being blighted by solar/wind farms or housing estates to be filled by the hardworking tax paying migrants our governments are basing there futures on, aiming for zero immisions while destroying the lungs of the earth for maximum profits as we still follow them blindly if it wasn’t so sad it would be hilarious, good luck to you and the lad fighting his local wind farm ?

• Like 5
12 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Because huge investment in sustainable energy companies are in the habit of just building adhoc over the place aren’t they ? 

I mean it’s not like they won’t have carried out ground investigation procedures from soil profile testing , to California bearing ratio test ( probably dynamic ) extract samples to analyse optimum moisture content , dry density , likely a falling head test to establish the permeability of the soil to aid in the identification of the actual ground . 

a company who go to lengths like that definetly won’t have checked in geology viewer , or sssi index or even looked at the weather history of that grid location over the last ten years . 

hope that helps with your crusade ??? 

yours pedantically 

77FEDAF9-6E6D-4AEB-BF90-B62EC39A2034.gif

I can use google too ?

• Like 1