Bradford city hare coursing

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had an "ooh, are, nearly had it" run yesterday with the young deer cross bitch . Not many about, and what we did see were sitting close by the hedges or cover, and on their toes in an instant !

The 18 year old convicted with him if he his who i think he his hare coursing with lurchers is in his DNA and long may it continue and good luck to these and any other lads who continue to run the gau

A gate net, and a stealth monkey   

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cashells Evening;

IMG_0237.JPG.126aaa3a29c55a7c3ed209d5578e3965.JPG

This little bitch was brought over from America and did well at the last Waterloo Cup.

Only around 24" and 40 odd pound.

Cheers.

Think I’ve seen some clips of her on YouTube if it’s the one I’m thinking of she was tight on her hares and stuck to them like glue 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, mC HULL said:

5 runs ? was they 20 seconds each mate ? 

actually mate they wernt ....the first was over a minute....and the hare got away ...it killed the second hare maybe 30..40 seconds...missed the 3rd...and killed the 4th...I remember max saying to the owner after the second run to go rub it down and put it in the van....after the 3rd..and 4th run....max was pleading with the owner to put it away...

20 seconds in to the 5th run it went over....I was 50 yard away ...I ran up to it and got it on its feet...lead on rubbing it down....got it to the road and my Mrs took it back to the keepers house who's land we were on...it made a full recovery...luckily..

that day was the first time that greyhound had been on a live hare

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
6 minutes ago, TOMO said:

actually mate they wernt ....the first was over a minute....and the hare got away ...it killed the second hare maybe 30..40 seconds...missed the 3rd...and killed the 4th...I remember max saying to the owner after the second run to go rub it down and put it in the van....after the 3rd..and 4th run....max was pleading with the owner to put it away...

20 seconds in to the 5th run it went over....I was 50 yard away ...I ran up to it and got it on its feet...lead on rubbing it down....got it to the road and my Mrs took it back to the keepers house who's land we were on...it made a full recovery...luckily..

Can’t have happened mate , mr hull said greys can’t go over 20 seconds so they can’t simple as 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, TOMO said:

It's very easy to over tax any dog, especially if there's plenty of gear to run.

These days I give three runs if there's a " gruellrer" amongst them. If they are easy or very short runs, maybe one or two more, that does it for me and the dog. Also, I like to be on and off before it comes on top !

Lamping is different......a few seasons ago I had five hares off one field with Lima, the old deer cross, and called it a night, it was just slaughter, not sport. 

Maybe im getting old ? ??

Cheers.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, TOMO said:

seen a few as a kid big coursing breds with maybe a min and half in the tank that would get run on small hedgy land a couple a runs they shite round cover etc 

loved fox but on openish land be dodgy to even slip incase it went over like you say 

6 minutes ago, Wales1234 said:

Can’t have happened mate , mr hull said greys can’t go over 20 seconds so they can’t simple as 

if you watch greyhounds racing they go over that you plum ? 

your going to damage the dog as soon as it hits something that can run on abit and a big grey is hard to carry 

8 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

It's very easy to over tax any dog, especially if there's plenty of gear to run.

These days I give three runs if there's a " gruellrer" amongst them. If they are easy or very short runs, maybe one or two more, that does it for me and the dog. Also, I like to be on and off before it comes on top !

Lamping is different......a few seasons ago I had five hares off one field with Lima, the old deer cross, and called it a night, it was just slaughter, not sport. 

Cheers.

Can only kill em once no point to kill your own sport?

7 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

i did it to a nearly pure saluki i had chart was a bit warm for the time a year he was never the same again ran until he dropped 

• Sad 1
21 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

if you watch greyhounds racing they go over that you plum ? 

your going to damage the dog as soon as it hits something that can run on abit and a big grey is hard to carry 

Couple of matches I had with a Greyhound almost exactly fifty years ago;

IMG_1701.JPG.2a38d2e53c0e4bc0c85c97446f1203e5.JPG

Yeah, they can run over 20 seconds ! ??

Cheers.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Couple of matches I had with a Greyhound almost exactly fifty years ago;

IMG_1701.JPG.2a38d2e53c0e4bc0c85c97446f1203e5.JPG

Yeah, they can run over 20 seconds ! ??

Cheers.

been happy taking the 60 quid back then aye chart ? 

mad how you have the book still 

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

seen a few as a kid big coursing breds with maybe a min and half in the tank that would get run on small hedgy land a couple a runs they shite round cover etc 

loved fox but on openish land be dodgy to even slip incase it went over like you say 

Any dog that hasn't been reared around cover will be shite nevermind an ex racing greyhound that probably was never let run free in the countryside till it was classed as a failure at 14 to 24 months. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Any dog that hasn't been reared around cover will be shite nevermind an ex racing greyhound that probably was never let run free in the countryside till it was classed as a failure at 14 to 24 months. 

a greyhound is poor as a hunting dog mate full stop reared in the field or not most a the old boys i know when they was the track ten mins away would give the racers the odd hare as pups and adults  on walks etc