Bradford city hare coursing

17 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I have good days, and blank days, like anyone who is honest about their dogs, no dog takes everything it's slipped on.

I enjoy all days out , but it is nice if you get something for the freezer ! ??!

Cheers.

Oh blanking is the best part 

It's character building 

• Haha 1

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had an "ooh, are, nearly had it" run yesterday with the young deer cross bitch . Not many about, and what we did see were sitting close by the hedges or cover, and on their toes in an instant !

The 18 year old convicted with him if he his who i think he his hare coursing with lurchers is in his DNA and long may it continue and good luck to these and any other lads who continue to run the gau

A gate net, and a stealth monkey   

Posted Images

2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I have good days, and blank days, like anyone who is honest about their dogs, no dog takes everything it's slipped on.

I enjoy all days out , but it is nice if you get something for the freezer ! ??!

Cheers.

Going off what you’ve seen so far off your bitch do you think the deerhound blood improves the stamina a great deal compared to what you would get from a pure greyhound, genuine question as I’ve never had any experience of deerhound crosses

10 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Going off what you’ve seen so far off your bitch do you think the deerhound blood improves the stamina a great deal compared to what you would get from a pure greyhound, genuine question as I’ve never had any experience of deerhound crosses

he got 3 runs mate 2 more then you would get with a pure grey ? ?

9 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Undoubtedly, in my mind.

But it's not just the stamina, there's the improvement in coat, feet, bone and "nose", over a pure Greyhound, and I've been lucky, I think, that in the last two I've had haven't lost much in speed from the pure Greyhound.

Please don't get me wrong, I've never touted the deer cross above other types, I've owned pure Saluki's, Saluki crosses, collie types, Beddy types, non-ped whippets, and I like them all apart from the collie cross, perhaps unfairly as I've  only had one and it was the most useless dog I've ever had.

These are only my views, others may disagree. ?

Cheers.

4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Undoubtedly, in my mind.

But it's not just the stamina, there's the improvement in coat, feet, bone and "nose", over a pure Greyhound, and I've been lucky, I think, that in the last two I've had haven't lost much in speed from the pure Greyhound.

Please don't get me wrong, I've never touted the deer cross above other types, I've owned pure Saluki's, Saluki crosses, collie types, Beddy types, non-ped whippets, and I like them all apart from the collie cross, perhaps unfairly as I've  only had one and it was the most useless dog I've ever had.

These are only my views, others may disagree. ?

Cheers.

? what was up with the collie cross you had and how much collie was in it 

1 minute ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

? what was up with the collie cross you had and how much collie was in it 

It was a half cross and it just didn't have the speed to catch a rabbit, let alone a hare.

As i said, maybe I'm being unfair on collie crosses as it was the only one I've had. I've seen some decent ones, but I wouldn't have another.

Cheers.

6 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Has anyone seen the pups maxhardcore has got for sale on pets4homes, real nice strong pups, absolute belters 

look well reared pups mate but dam is big pups look big be 28tts maybe a little more may aswell get a deerhound ? ? ?

3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

It was a half cross and it just didn't have the speed to catch a rabbit, let alone a hare.

As i said, maybe I'm being unfair on collie crosses as it was the only one I've had. I've seen some decent ones, but I wouldn't have another.

Cheers.

Christ that must of been bad, my mum had a pure collie years ago that I took lamping a few times just for the crack and that could catch rabbits easy enough on the lamp 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Christ that must of been bad, my mum had a pure collie years ago that I took lamping a few times just for the crack and that could catch rabbits easy enough on the lamp 

My Doberman caught more rabbits than my collie cross ! ??

IMG_0141.JPG.bf1a6aa07b67f57fa8bf8c7aacd02a1f.JPG

Cheers.

• Haha 3
17 hours ago, mC HULL said:

he got 3 runs mate 2 more then you would get with a pure grey ? ?

funnily enough I watched a pure grey have 5 runs one morning....

mind it did collapse on the 5 th run...