Thinking of getting my Beddy dog castrated??.....your thoughts

I'm thinking of getting my Beddy dog of 4yrs castrated as in title, just wondering if at all it will calm him down, when out he works cover but far too fast and moves on running hundreds of yards in front.If he's on a scent his recall is virtually zero as many a time im stood 10-15mins waiting for him to appear, im sure one day he will be on the missing dogs list for sure, wondered if any lads have had this at all with any of their dogs?

Thanks.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the future though, I am going to borrow a greyhound bitch off my daughter in law ( she's a trainer) and put him over it, always wanted a beddy greyhound.

He’s a Beddy what do you expect! Only way you are stopping him running off is cutting his legs off not his balls ?

f@@k it....he keeps his balls then.....mind made up....:)

Recall has nothing to do with bollocks mate .I know exactly what you mean though .I’ve had terriers a few years and when on a scent you may as well join them as wait for a return .Sad but true .

Think about it mate .Do you really want a dog that scared to feck of hunting up anything .Does he a good voice ,if so follow on .

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, ADAM C said:

I'm thinking of getting my Beddy dog of 4yrs castrated as in title, just wondering if at all it will calm him down, when out he works cover but far too fast and moves on running hundreds of yards in front.If he's on a scent his recall is virtually zero as many a time im stood 10-15mins waiting for him to appear, im sure one day he will be on the missing dogs list for sure, wondered if any lads have had this at all with any of their dogs?

Thanks.

If he's broken to all stock and has a bellman collar on him.... what's the panic?

• Like 2

yes he gives very good voice......when im near enough to hear it, yes he's broken to all stock.To be honest ive never known a dog with the stamina he's got, I can go out for a few hours and he never stops, he really is a machine when out.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, ADAM C said:

yes he gives very good voice......when im near enough to hear it, yes he's broken to all stock.To be honest ive never known a dog with the stamina he's got, I can go out for a few hours and he never stops, he really is a machine when out.

Aye but you then think... he's a machine you say...run about on top all day...

What's he like underground... same enthusiasm?

• Haha 1

From what you described it won't stopping him buggering off on a scent . Believe me I desexed my JR male to calm down his thought on fighting my other males and it worked for that. But he's has been a brilliant bushes through out his working career sadly now hes retired at 11 yrs old but if he picked up the wrong scent Ie deer or feral pig well I have had some very long walks to get him back. The E collar and tracker have helped.

• Like 3