Comparison hw100 verses the huntsman revere

I don’t know about the huntsman as I’ve never used one, but I was shooting baked beans off the top of an old table at 35 yards with my .177 hw100ks. You won’t get much better than that with a 12ft lb air rifle. I’ve got an a-tec mod on it and it’s quiet. Is it quieter than a huntsman? I don’t know but it can’t be much louder. 

Edited by Dervburner
  • Like 1

You will no doubt get a post from villaman soon to tell you about the utter crap known as Daystate which brings me nicely to my point of view, buy an HW100 with an HW mod fitted and enjoy very quiet and accurate shooting or buy a Daystate and embark on a long and miserable journey with the company telling you that whatever is wrong with your gun, they can find no fault and it's your fault anyway............................even under while in warranty.

BUY HW or to throw the spanner in the works, an FX which are superb.......................................?

If you are buying fac version, FX every day of the week, HW are not so good in fac versions.

Phil

• Like 2
7 hours ago, philpot said:

You will no doubt get a post from villaman soon to tell you about the utter crap known as Daystate which brings me nicely to my point of view, buy an HW100 with an HW mod fitted and enjoy very quiet and accurate shooting or buy a Daystate and embark on a long and miserable journey with the company telling you that whatever is wrong with your gun, they can find no fault and it's your fault anyway............................even under while in warranty.

BUY HW or to throw the spanner in the works, an FX which are superb.......................................?

If you are buying fac version, FX every day of the week, HW are not so good in fac versions.

Phil

You will need ear defenders on 

When villaman comes on 

Hope your not easily offended 

And he can tell you exactly what you need to no as the rifle in question was a huntsman 

Hw100 any cal or format its a no brainer 

S510 are good rifles 

But not a patch on the hw100

That reminds me iv got to buy another 

Atvbjimmy ???

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I think the HW 100 in any format beats all else " at sub 12 level "

With regards to Daystate rifles they were forever breaking down at my club, so much so we had a gunsmith taking them from the club to repair.

Never took any HW100`s for repair mind.

My rifles HW100 KT .177 and my HW100 KS .22 are now 10 years old, with not a peep of trouble from either.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Well i had a result this week. I bought an Air Arms S410 .177, scope, slip and 3 ltr bottle for £430 off my mate.

He's had it a while but put no more than a 100 pellets through it.  Cond 99/100. Should keep me happy for a while.

• Like 3
On 02/11/2022 at 19:13, mark williams said:

I think the HW 100 in any format beats all else " at sub 12 level "

With regards to Daystate rifles they were forever breaking down at my club, so much so we had a gunsmith taking them from the club to repair.

Never took any HW100`s for repair mind.

My rifles HW100 KT .177 and my HW100 KS .22 are now 10 years old, with not a peep of trouble from either.

Ye that's the info I'm getting bud it's split camps I have an hw100 t in 177 and it's Lazer perfect for my bench target shooting.the first time I tried my HW it's triple loaded I foned hull cartridge and they took it back and fixed it I had it back in 3 days can daystate compete with that kinda service I've had the pcps now for 6or 7 years now and I'm a bit better on Their workings having shot springers for years   so what's the worst that could go wrong with a revere I'm glad you guys for yer knolage though but I know which ever one I buy and it breaks down all get the told you so,s any way what can ye get to quieten them down more I don't like gun with the point sound when ye fire em if I do buy one that has that dreaded sound guys on here know what ti do to sort it ye

• 3 weeks later...

I cannot speak for the Huntsman Revere but,,,,After spending a chunk of cash on my Daystate Huntsman Regal .177  with a company called Airtech who made a superb regulator and tightened up the workings and cropped the barrel to perfection  that PCP is a beautiful gun that should've been the case in the first place. 

I wrote to Tony Belas as head of Daystate as to my results from what work I had done on my Huntsman Regal  and what I thought of the crap Harper Valve system that held the performance of the thing up poorly. 

Never got an answer back. 

Hmmm...

But it's funny how the Revere looks remarkably like a Regal with a regulator fitted and a bit of cosmetics to the stock.....

Pianoman. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, villaman said:

I never forget Tony Belas told me “ why would we fit regulators when the Harper valve is better “ just shows what a dick head he is . The Harper valve was / is awful at doing it’s job 

Here's away pass me them ear defenders 

?????

I remember asking him at a show if I could fit an add-on night vision to an MTC Viper Connect, he said no, I asked him again two hours later as I overheard him talking about add-on nv, this time he said you could use nv on the scope. The man is an idiot.

Phil 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, villaman said:

I never forget Tony Belas told me “ why would we fit regulators when the Harper valve is better “ just shows what a dick head he is . The Harper valve was / is awful at doing it’s job 

Good ‘ol Tony. Like he said, a bolt is better than a side lever because it keeps everything in line. That’ll be why they’ve started fitting side levers then ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1