All time favourite song from a movie

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

This always gets me Sgt Mackenzie we could do with a couple of those choppers in the channel

Good film, but never understood the use of that song, especially sung in its original Scot’s tongue.

Regards the channel, the guns would be pointing the wrong way, they should be pointing at the people organising and facilitating the crossings, and the inept politicians who should be preventing it. I don’t understand the hatred toward some Afghani or Somali kid trying to make a better life for himself, fcuk knows if the roles were reversed I’d be on a boat doing the same. That doesn’t mean I want them here any more than you do though.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, pesky1972 said:

Good film, but never understood the use of that song, especially sung in its original Scot’s tongue.

Regards the channel, the guns would be pointing the wrong way, they should be pointing at the people organising and facilitating the crossings, and the inept politicians who should be preventing it. I don’t understand the hatred toward some Afghani or Somali kid trying to make a better life for himself, fcuk knows if the roles were reversed I’d be on a boat doing the same. That doesn’t mean I want them here any more than you do though.

Regards the crossings your right the people exploiting them should be massacred in my opinion, but I wish they would stay in their own countries and try to make their society better by overthrowing their corrupt governments and growing their economy rather than exploiting and watering down ours, as you know a lot has been discussed on here over the years regarding this probably better discussed over a pint than on here.

As for Sgt Mackenzie very haunting and seemed to fit for me for that particular scene where the chopper rises up and unleashes hell.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Regards the crossings your right the people exploiting them 

No one exploits the illegal immigrants,no one,the smugglers saw an opportunity and provide a wanted taxi service,the illegals pay to get here they actually want to come so badly they plot up in makeshift camps on beaches in France and pay smugglers to get them across that short stretch of water,the exploitation begins when they set foot on UK soil,then the exploitation of the UK taxpayer and system begins.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mackem said:

No one exploits the illegal immigrants,no one,the smugglers saw an opportunity and provide a wanted taxi service,the illegals pay to get here they actually want to come so badly they plot up in makeshift camps on beaches in France and pay smugglers to get them across that short stretch of water,the exploitation begins when they set foot on UK soil,then the exploitation of the UK taxpayer and system begins.

To be fair the UK taxpayers are being exploited 42 years I’ve been paying into the system I feel like a mug what do I get for it queues at the hospital doctor’s ambulances  higher and higher living costs and so on and so on.

• Like 1