That looks like a different design of RWS box to mine, anyway, I do quite like them, but just bought a couple of boxes a while back to try and they work well in my 452.

Since then vast quantities of CCI and Winchesters subs have come my way so haven't touched the RWS for ages!

• Like 1

I think you will find that the majority of 22 shooters all find that after cleaning their barrel a number of shots are required for good accuracy to return.

Most target shooting is not conducted in competition from a clean barrel, they will of fouled it first!

The op of this thread indicated he shoots from a clean barrel all the time. Not necessary. Its not even a target type rifle!

• Like 2
19 hours ago, philpot said:

Must admit I never clean my .22 Tikka except on it's birthday..........        I use RWS as well and can only sing it's praises, superb ammo and better than anything else I have tried but eley came a close second.

Cleaning every time you use the gun is just not a good idea at all..................................................STOP IT ?

Phil

Thanks Philpot.I take your point and all the other lads points and appreciate the advice - great rifle by the way the T1x (as you well know).The same in my 457 with regards to ammo preference.The interesting thing is that both the Eley and RWS group well, but from a cold clean bore,the RWS are good right from the first round, or maybe the second round anyway.

Ok, now on to cleaning. I use a Patchworm cleaning kit.I am not certain if you are familiar with the Patchworm, but it is advertised as a very safe bore cleaner and I believe it is after having used for about a year and a half.I also use Napier Power Airgun Oil in my guns as it is very gentle.My main concern with cleaning is not accuracy etc.but that I will not adversely affect the crown / bore by improperly cleaning etc.Yes, you and the other lads are correct I believe in that fouling in the bore improves accuracy and this is generally acknowledged by many if not all .22LR shooters.I am however very happy with how my 457 shoots from a clean bore with the RWS subs (and indeed RWS Rifle Match & Eley match).

I think the article from Wolfdog regarding Eley is more of a test centre in which case they cannot use guns with dirty barrels as results can only be evaluated with a identical start point.  For my own live quarry shooting I am happier with a leaded barrel and my Wildcat Panther mod is quieter with a bit of muck in there not that it needs to be quieter although if on the WMR it is a definite advantage.

Phil

• Like 1
2 hours ago, philpot said:

I think the article from Wolfdog regarding Eley is more of a test centre in which case they cannot use guns with dirty barrels as results can only be evaluated with a identical start point.  For my own live quarry shooting I am happier with a leaded barrel and my Wildcat Panther mod is quieter with a bit of muck in there not that it needs to be quieter although if on the WMR it is a definite advantage.

Phil

True Phil,most of the lads in a rimfire F.B. group I am in do not clean after every shoot and will let the fouling in the bore build up.