Raw dog food

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing like the sheep's head rising through the froth and the eyeball glaring at you. ???

You guys are right,.. the raw meat situation has definitely spiralled out of control? Most Butchers nowadays , have chosen to sell their scrap meat for dog food, and process everything into 'pet

I personally think raw feed prices have gone mental I used to pretty much fill two chess freezers for £80 of a good mix of raw foods I used to buy in as it was all waist products it was cheap as chips

Posted Images

8 hours ago, C.green said:

Muntjac hares and tripe is what i mainly feed i found the rabbits were abit wormy do u not have too much trouble with them ?

got wormers on order now....cos two of um got worms....mind that was from either the raw beef and offal or hares....or of course from God knows where....occupational hazard feeding raw....

if anybody if paying more than £2 a kilo....then your better off buying chicken wings...or legs from aldi or lidle cos there only that price

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Ferretman65 said:

All that cost me a tener 30 pound of tripe and one big heart and a big liver 

20221029_130042.jpg

This one I’m runnin has blown me mind… the last two dogs I’ve had would eat a manky hedgehog but I can lay out fresh deer hearts and she'll turn her nose up ? only thing she’ll eat raw is chicken legs now.. fussy little twat. 
good job she’s good at what she dose or it’d be on wagg or gone. 

2 hours ago, Flacko said:

That’s cheap ferret man65 I paid £11.00 for 2 ox hearts this week 

The heart and liver cost nothing mate get them off Butcher I know along with other bits and bobs the lad that gets me my tripe it's only 9 pounds for 3 ten pound Bags just give him tener iam a great believer on tripe some boys Disagree But I swear my it ? 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, FairLaw said:

Is raw food as essential as some make out, like us humans, dogs have evolved to thrive on carbohydrates.

https://www.nature.com/articles/nature.2013.12280

Maybe , maybe not …. My thoughts are ….If it makes old bones and has a healthy life , give it mars bars if it’s happy and it works (not recommended)…. I give raw now (last 19 yrs) because I’ve had  dogs with wheat allergies and if I have to pick up poo I prefer it to be non messy and smelly and less of it , which I find to be the case with a raw diet and it’s easy to Mix it around with different meats for variety without upsetting a dogs stomach. Just my preference and i enjoy watching them eat non processed foods ?

• Like 1