Where have all the people gone?

6 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Alot of people have moved to PM's. Really enjoy chatting with a lot of people on here but many aren't interested in open conversation anymore. most just seemed irritated because the same people seem to say the same stuff over and over agin and they just get tired of dealing with them.On guy told me like this.

"If they can't say they do it better or just take the piss out of you then generally they just won't say anything ."

Have to say I find that a bit sad and odd. 

Y'all are always welcome over on Trapperman though if ya get tired of this place ? We could use some new blood.

Though I must say all forums seem to be taking down the same route .

Certain bunch becomes the majority,they like talking about certain things or about stuff a certain way . Creates kinda a tribe mentality as I've heard it called ,and basically anyone who says anything about it in a less then positive light is not apart of the tribe and everyone basically just tries to shut them up so they can go back to business as usual..... 

Then again I've been told multiple times yanks and non Brits just don't get it and end up ruining sites like this so idk maybe I'm not helping much at all ????

I will say one thing that confuses is I don't think I've seen anyone else my age on here ??

We need people like you mate, I like seeing and reading different stuff from other countries. You stay right here boy

• Like 2

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your the voice of reason TOMO,never any need to bring a wife or child into an argument, it's quite sad to be honest. 

paulus max tells me there has been no conversation between the two of you...? so why ban him again..there's no need for it... same as there's no need to be calling him a sex tourist...or put

I don't know if, or why he is banned,but the member who had a go at his wife and kiddie, whoever it is, needs to look at himself in the mirror. Unacceptable,shameful, out of order.

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

To quote Ritson; greb only stumbles across the truth by accident. He is a classic troll, twisting things and making people out to be idiots when they expose his hypocrisy and contradictory posts. And anyone who thinks that Max has never instigated anything hasn't been paying attention. 

A lot of forums are declining. They reached their peaks several years ago. I'm not saying that THL is one of them, but most are failing due to Walts taking over. When fishing forums started they were brilliant places to learn from knowledgable and experienced folk. In later years instant experts quoting stuff they had read in  catalogues. More and more threads were related to what to buy and not how to fish. A thread on what rod is best for tench would get a hundred replies in the first day, but ask what is the best way to fish for tench and you get tumbleweed. The good posters were being drowned out by the Walts. 

Sadly there is little chance of the decline being overturned and imo forum owners are now more tolerant of inflammatory posters because they generate a lot of clicks that can be used to generate advertising. But there comss a time when certain members have to be removed as they can cause other members to leave.

Get all that mate but you’ve help feed that very decline by taking up the challenge on here .I may have missed a huge chunk of what Greb said but all I’ve seen is rational discussion ,mixed with banter .Nothing personal nor too insulting .
His take on the big cat thing is very much along the lines of my own .We’ve 400 plus pages of shite with no sign of an explanation yet still we are told great things are to come .

Do we believe that or question it mate .Do we wait patiently or do we ask for progress .
Its in my character to have things in order ,not ocd at all ,without which things don’t make sense and I guess he’s the same .

Being told they are there by one camp isn’t enough without proof that’s all .

Same with religion and big foot .Show me the proof ,solid proof and I’m a believer .Keep telling me it’s there just convinces me  it’s not .

What I’ve noticed is that those that do the most shouting never reply beyond a post where someone tells it as it is .The herd mentality dosnt want to break form nor be seen to show weakness .

Not many know their weakness’s  nor are prepared to change for the greater good or publicly renounce their ways .We are breeding a society where not only are we f****d over by government but by our fellow Brits too given any chance it seems .We all know who the offenders are , few can’t wait to feel offended on another’s behalf .

Wokeism is slowly but surely  rearing it’s ugly head .

Its the climate we live in a now a days. The longnet section about 4 posts in a year. Plus as the old fellas pass sadly we are losing  a lot of that valuable knowledge.

Then you have head lines like

Former gamekeeper jailed after stabbing wild boar in sickening attack
That guy got 16 months apparently. Sounds like a silly sod and I doubt he was out for bit free range port or he would done better job and not filmed it like an idiot. But compared then to some puppy farm woman on the news thus week who really does deserve going behind bars I doubt she will 

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Being perfectly honest here ,I’ve only ever seen Max on the back foot and dishing out what he’s receiving so for me he’s entitled to it .

Some of the points he’s made are extremely valid but don’t sit well with the thl massive ,the same crew that seem to rally against anyone daring to have an opposite opinion .

We need to rethink why we are here not who we can slag off the most .When it becomes a point scoring ,tag team effort the whole site suffers  .

Im no angel and a hypocrite where this is concerned but I’ll only ever return a nasty comment ,never instigate .

Im sure if Max was allowed back on and we all made an effort ,including South Hams and Max himself then we could make this great again .

For me it went a bit tits when the terrier section appeared dead ,no outings since 2020 .What changed for the law hasnt .It’s legal to dig under the keepers exemption .

Greb etc has his faults but like me he only says the blunt truth which some can’t except .Don’t know if he’s banned again but there’s another who only wants the truth and has a lot to give .Please don’t let this place go all snowflake like other sites where you darnt say anything controversial .

This site is the only place we can speak freely ,uncensored and from the heart and I thank the mods for that .

Cheers FD 

Your so full of shit :laugh: ,you used to instigate every slagging off of my plummer when i used to put post up about her being dug to,you called me a liar every time and did your best to ruin my topics,your the reason i don't post about days out any more and i'm out most weekends during the winter with terriers so shut the fcuk up as your making yourself look a proper twat.:rolleyes: ..

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
12 minutes ago, fireman said:

Your so full of shit :laugh: ,you used to instigate every slagging off of my plummer when i used to put post up about her being dug to,you called me a liar every time and did your best to ruin my topics,your the reason i don't post about days out any more and i'm out most weekends during the winter with terriers so shut the fcuk up as your making yourself look a proper twat.:rolleyes: ..

I knew that was coming hahaha ?

• Haha 2
21 minutes ago, fireman said:

Fair comment Steve .

I only reacted /  wrote what I saw mate .If your dogs looks like it’s been to a show then to me it wasn’t dug but others may have different ideas ???

Dont wish to drag up old points but even in dry sand my terriers came out with signs of the ground they were in .Fair play to you for sticking at it and I apologise for being a twat back in the day .However that alone does not explain why the section is so dead .I had a year off and in that year only one write up mate .

Again apologies to you and  the persil dog ??

3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Deffo been hacked you ya Cnut, either that or your hitting your menopause ?

He did try for a little dig at the end about her being clean after being dug to,so maybe he's not gone totaly fluffy just yet..:thumbs:...

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Deffo been hacked you ya Cnut, either that or your hitting your menopause ?

Whatever Don .Lifes too short to be continually offended by shit others post .

Im learning to chill and let others do the shite that only serves to bring the whole game down .

Ive been a twat ,first to admit but given my time again ,things might of been different .I was caught up in an ego that comes with doing something that never breaks nor falters .

I firmly believe we are the reason our sport ,lives  have been wrecked and not influence from others .We used to be United ,we used to show an interest in other countryside matters and comment respectfully but now it seems  every c**ts an expert on everything but practical in nothing .

Your good self omitted ,where the all the trappers gone ,where is the knowledge they had for it’s not on here anymore .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’ve resisted commenting on this PC hug in but f**k it…….

If you want robust, interesting and varied debate then dry your f***ing eyes !

If you don’t then don’t post things and opinions that you may not want an answer too.

Easy isn’t it !

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, WILF said:

I’ve resisted commenting on this PC hug in but f**k it…….

If you want robust, interesting and varied debate then dry your f***ing eyes !

If you don’t then don’t post things and opinions that you may not want an answer too.

Easy isn’t it !

Don’t think anyone refrains from saying what’s on their mind Wilf .What gets a few down is the herd mentality of shouting down anyone with an opposing opinion .I couldn’t care less but a few take it to heart .

1 minute ago, Wolfdog91 said:

FFS here we go .... Who wants to take bets on where this will be in the next three pages?

Awkward sencible chat is needed to gain knowledge on what other think,it's how we all use that knowledge to move forwards or stay in the staus quo were in. I feel the next few months seeing as were just starting a new season will either see a new effort put in and a reboot as such or it'll just stay the same and die away, the future of "OUR" site is in our hands and lets ALL OF US not fcuk it up...:victory:..

• Like 1