Where have all the people gone?

As someone who doesn't post that much, I find some of the conversations and topics, insults etc pretty disturbing, it's usually the same few members but they are quite capable of ruining things for everyone. You start wondering if those nuts are as sick and twisted in real life as they are on here or are they just pathetic keyboard warriors?

Members from the old days just aren't posting anymore because they don't want to be associated with the crap. A good argument is great but once it's allowed to descend into insults about family or outright threats then good people will walk away, so the sickos take over.

That's what's happening here.

When I first came on here many years ago as timmytree I joined in every section that I was interested in, now I look in once or twice a week but after a quick peek in general talk I've taken to logging out.

It's sad that one of the oldest forums is going this way but as long as the lunatics run the asylum it will keep going down. 

As regards banning people, well it's up to the mods but maybe swinging that hammer quicker and more often might stamp out some of the shit that ruins this forum.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your the voice of reason TOMO,never any need to bring a wife or child into an argument, it's quite sad to be honest. 

paulus max tells me there has been no conversation between the two of you...? so why ban him again..there's no need for it... same as there's no need to be calling him a sex tourist...or put

I don't know if, or why he is banned,but the member who had a go at his wife and kiddie, whoever it is, needs to look at himself in the mirror. Unacceptable,shameful, out of order.

Posted Images

23 hours ago, jok said:

Ok gentlemen. In my humble opinion . Get rid of General discussion. Bring back discussion which only has a bearing on our sport  reach out out to the people who are only interested in what we love. Get rid  of those idiots who  are quite frankly, idiots who wish to cause trouble. Let’s move on in a positive direction. All the powers that be would like us to be stopped so let’s not argue among ourselves. Jok

Censorship seems to be the answer for everything these days, especially when it isn't what some people like to hear.

If there are certain topics that you don't like being discussed but others do, then why should they be removed just because you don't like it?

Sounds like the snowflake generation is rubbing off on some of the older generation.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Censorship seems to be the answer for everything these days, especially when it isn't what some people like to hear.

If there are certain topics that you don't like being discussed but others do, then why should they be removed just because you don't like it?

Sounds like the snowflake generation is rubbing off on some of the older generation.

Nothing wrong with the topics, it's the prats that drag everything down to sewer level that need dealing with.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, TOMO said:

paulus max tells me there has been no conversation between the two of you...?

so why ban him again..there's no need for it...

same as there's no need to be calling him a sex tourist...or putting his kid on the game because she's half Thai....and it's presumed that all Thai women are prosiltitutes...

I've seen the comments he gets...it's f***ing disgraceful...

weather you like him or not paulus ..you should try being more even handed

Your right tomo the comments about his family were well  out of order buts let's put this in perspective .max labelled me a alcoholic constantly  yet I explained why I don't drink yet he continued he offered to give my Mrs one so she could know what a real man was all because I put some facts up about Sunderland fc he didn't like   he decided to get personal not me but when he mentioned my sons autism I reacted it's there on threads in black and white  genuinely ask yourself do you know any member bar greb have as many fall outs with nearly every member  on here I don't .he likes to get personal then plays the victim don't get me wrong he has had some shite directed at him that's out of order but he's certainly gave more back and started more first than he's received he is not a victim more a reap what your sow type 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

When you read the threads as an outsider looking in you can see the same few names start the aggravation and then when they get a bite the rest of the gang join in. 

As for bringing people's family into things it's completely wrong.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, mackem said:

Your the voice of reason TOMO,never any need to bring a wife or child into an argument, it's quite sad to be honest. 

Iv just had a cnut of a night over the above....drink families wife’s children brothers cousins..... feck the Lott of them .... geez a joab Mack I can do that

Being perfectly honest here ,I’ve only ever seen Max on the back foot and dishing out what he’s receiving so for me he’s entitled to it .

Some of the points he’s made are extremely valid but don’t sit well with the thl massive ,the same crew that seem to rally against anyone daring to have an opposite opinion .

We need to rethink why we are here not who we can slag off the most .When it becomes a point scoring ,tag team effort the whole site suffers  .

Im no angel and a hypocrite where this is concerned but I’ll only ever return a nasty comment ,never instigate .

Im sure if Max was allowed back on and we all made an effort ,including South Hams and Max himself then we could make this great again .

For me it went a bit tits when the terrier section appeared dead ,no outings since 2020 .What changed for the law hasnt .It’s legal to dig under the keepers exemption .

Greb etc has his faults but like me he only says the blunt truth which some can’t except .Don’t know if he’s banned again but there’s another who only wants the truth and has a lot to give .Please don’t let this place go all snowflake like other sites where you darnt say anything controversial .

This site is the only place we can speak freely ,uncensored and from the heart and I thank the mods for that .

Cheers FD 

• Like 9
6 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Being perfectly honest here ,I’ve only ever seen Max on the back foot and dishing out what he’s receiving so for me he’s entitled to it .

Some of the points he’s made are extremely valid but don’t sit well with the thl massive ,the same crew that seem to rally against anyone daring to have an opposite opinion .

We need to rethink why we are here not who we can slag off the most .When it becomes a point scoring ,tag team effort the whole site suffers  .

Im no angel and a hypocrite where this is concerned but I’ll only ever return a nasty comment ,never instigate .

Im sure if Max was allowed back on and we all made an effort ,including South Hams and Max himself then we could make this great again .

For me it went a bit tits when the terrier section appeared dead ,no outings since 2020 .What changed for the law hasnt .It’s legal to dig under the keepers exemption .

Greb etc has his faults but like me he only says the blunt truth which some can’t except .Don’t know if he’s banned again but there’s another who only wants the truth and has a lot to give .Please don’t let this place go all snowflake like other sites where you darnt say anything controversial .

This site is the only place we can speak freely ,uncensored and from the heart and I thank the mods for that .

Cheers FD 

No one contributes to terrier section anymore. No idea why 

• Like 1

Thier are a few inbred,boring , non travelled retards in here. You know the ones get all wierd if some ones got a Thai wife. That’s what pisses me off that they don’t have a clue about different places or cultures. If you travelled around Thailand they would change that perception that all Thai birds are hookers. I suppose the poor buggers never been far away from thier front door.

• Like 1

To quote Ritson; greb only stumbles across the truth by accident. He is a classic troll, twisting things and making people out to be idiots when they expose his hypocrisy and contradictory posts. And anyone who thinks that Max has never instigated anything hasn't been paying attention. 

A lot of forums are declining. They reached their peaks several years ago. I'm not saying that THL is one of them, but most are failing due to Walts taking over. When fishing forums started they were brilliant places to learn from knowledgable and experienced folk. In later years instant experts quoting stuff they had read in  catalogues. More and more threads were related to what to buy and not how to fish. A thread on what rod is best for tench would get a hundred replies in the first day, but ask what is the best way to fish for tench and you get tumbleweed. The good posters were being drowned out by the Walts. 

Sadly there is little chance of the decline being overturned and imo forum owners are now more tolerant of inflammatory posters because they generate a lot of clicks that can be used to generate advertising. But there comss a time when certain members have to be removed as they can cause other members to leave.

• Like 1
On 28/10/2022 at 13:47, jok said:

Tonight, Friday, 7.30pm, there are are 46 on line on the forum. When I first joined, it was a joy to read all the members comments . Indeed I much preferred reading these to watching a load of cobblers on the box.  I regularly, ie, every morning and evening come on the forum looking forward to some interesting comments. At this moment in time the quality comments are coming from very few and the argumentative comments and abusive comments coming from the many. What a shame. We have a few overseas members who try their best but even they must be wondering what is going on. Sir Blessed and Wolfdog to mention a couple. Just my opinion. Jok.

Alot of people have moved to PM's. Really enjoy chatting with a lot of people on here but many aren't interested in open conversation anymore. most just seemed irritated because the same people seem to say the same stuff over and over agin and they just get tired of dealing with them.On guy told me like this.

"If they can't say they do it better or just take the piss out of you then generally they just won't say anything ."

Have to say I find that a bit sad and odd. 

Y'all are always welcome over on Trapperman though if ya get tired of this place ? We could use some new blood.

Though I must say all forums seem to be taking down the same route .

Certain bunch becomes the majority,they like talking about certain things or about stuff a certain way . Creates kinda a tribe mentality as I've heard it called ,and basically anyone who says anything about it in a less then positive light is not apart of the tribe and everyone basically just tries to shut them up so they can go back to business as usual..... 

Then again I've been told multiple times yanks and non Brits just don't get it and end up ruining sites like this so idk maybe I'm not helping much at all ????

I will say one thing that confuses is I don't think I've seen anyone else my age on here ??

Edited by Wolfdog91
3 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Thier are a few inbred,boring , non travelled retards in here. You know the ones get all wierd if some ones got a Thai wife. That’s what pisses me off that they don’t have a clue about different places or cultures. If you travelled around Thailand they would change that perception that all Thai birds are hookers. I suppose the poor buggers never been far away from thier front door.

Probably right mate .I’m one for resisting change ,hate it but peoples families are off limits in a nasty manner .A joke is a joke but some like to stick the knife in to the hilt .

We all just need to do what Sean says and treat others as we would want to be treated ourselves .

• Like 2