Two of the Goldie mules from this year!

To be honest I don’t know what they sell for. I saw some at Stafford for £75 and they weren’t as nice as these. I have promised these two to a mate and his son. Another mate wants three. I have eight that haven’t coloured up yet so I don’t know what there is amongst them but if there are four cocks you can have one with pleasure, I don’t want paying for them.

• Like 4

I used to catch goldfinches when I was a teenager for my grandad who was a prolific bird breeder . He used to breed mules from them . 
     He made what he called “ birdlime “ . It was made with resin and linseed oil . I used to put hazel perches above patches of thistle. I then daubed birdlime on the perch . The sticky substance then held the birds until I could collect them . Probably highly illegal, but then a lot of what I got up to in the field was .?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
22 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

He made what he called “ birdlime “ . It was made with resin and linseed oil . I used to put hazel perches above patches of thistle. I then daubed birdlime on the perch . The sticky substance then held the birds until I could collect them . Probably highly illegal, but then a lot of what I got up to in the field was .?

Horrible stinking stuff that bird lime 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

nice them mate,just out of curiosity,how much would one of those cost me ??

A mule will cost you from about £50 up to what folks want to pay and  those two are nice things and easy worth a £100 each. You can end up giving away a lot of time,effort and money so just make sure it's the right home they go to to start with...

• Like 2
Just now, fireman said:

A mule will cost you from about £50 up to what folks want to pay and  those two are nice things and easy worth a £100 each. You can end up giving away a lot of time,effort and money so just make sure it's the right home they go to to start with...

payed £40 10 yrs back for my last one..I'd be happy to pay whatever tbf,I can appreciate the time and effort used to produce them?

place I get my raw used to bred/sell them but stopped a few months ago, apparently new laws have been brought in regarding selling native birds from a pet shop? so he stopped....shame i missed out on the birds but I did buy 4 tortoises for £200,kept one and sold the others for £150 each to my neighbor and the kids school??

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

payed £40 10 yrs back for my last one..I'd be happy to pay whatever tbf,I can appreciate the time and effort used to produce them?

place I get my raw used to bred/sell them but stopped a few months ago, apparently new laws have been brought in regarding selling native birds from a pet shop? so he stopped....shame i missed out on the birds but I did buy 4 tortoises for £200,kept one and sold the others for £150 each to my neighbor and the kids school??

If your travelling up near Liverpool I can sort you one out.

• Like 4