• 4 weeks later...

2 hours ago, whitefeet4190 said:

I love love to go out an pick mushrooms and see loads walking the dogs but don’t trust myself to identify them properly ?

I'm the same mate, been showed a couple of times but when on my own memory goes to mush lol

• Like 2

I see these mushroom posts and think I would love to do that. Remember as a kid the fields were packed with field mushrooms and never though twice about picking carrier bags at a time. I think as far as id went just sniffed the odd one and that was it. I daren't even pick them now a days 

Edited by terryd
On 19/11/2022 at 10:07, terryd said:

I see these mushroom posts and think I would love to do that. Remember as a kid the fields were packed with field mushrooms and never though twice about picking carrier bags at a time. I think as far as id went just sniffed the odd one and that was it. I daren't even pick them now a days 

I remember I was the same Terry had half a dozen books but still would not try them even though I was sure I knew what they were. To be fair Field mushrooms / / Horse mushrooms are not the safest but easy once you know to leave the ones that bruise yellow. There are some cracking easy ones mate the Cep / Penny bun probably the best, Look out for Hen-of-the -Wood not so common and will have to wait till next year now August - November. Did put up a list of easy good ones on one of the Mushroom threads Hedgehogs mushrooms are still hopefully still about going for a mooch today very easy very safe.

I'm not an expert and just stick to about 15 or 20 different mushrooms and the ones that can be muddled up with them mate.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 20/11/2022 at 09:07, Arry said:

I remember I was the same Terry had half a dozen books but still would not try them even though I was sure I knew what they were. To be fair Field mushrooms / / Horse mushrooms are not the safest but ease once you know to leave the ones that bruise yellow. There are some cracking easy ones mate the Cep / Penny bun probably the best, Look out for Hen-of-the -Wood not so common and will have to wait till next year now August - November. Did put up a list of easy good ones on one of the Mushroom threads Hedgehogs mushrooms are still hopefully still about going for a mooch today very easy very safe.

I'm not an expert and just stick to about 15 or 20 different mushrooms and the ones that can be muddled up with them mate.

Cheers Arry

I stick to about a 7 I feel safe with round here yellow stainers have overtook the horse n field mushroom spots each one needs a cut or scratch to reveal the yellow shame I get only a handful of the edibles and thousands of stainers 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1
Just now, green lurchers said:

I stick to about a 7 I feel safe with round here yellow stainers have overtook the horse n field mushroom spots each one needs a cut or scratch to reveal the yellow shame I get only a handful of the edibles and thousands of srainers 

Nice hens last month image.png.fcee495c8b9f2aad6112aa33f277f45d.png

• Like 1

Me an a few pals once went up holmefirth , as youth mind picking the magic ones. An f**k me never again first an last. " A was trippin plus must of pick a few bad ones an the stomach pains from picking some wrong ones was unreal felt like my stomach was been eaten away lol.