Dad love his new .22mag

Little update on my surprise for the old man.

For y'all who don't know he's wanted a .22mag something fierce for the better part of a year now ( really ,he's want one for a while but really been on it this year). Well I was going to get him one for fathers day but couldn't find one or even order one from anyone within 200miles ! Well father's day passed but about two or three months ago I was scrounging around and happend to find a fine little Marin 925 ! The place lets you do layway payments so I've been paying $20 here $50 there . Well got it down to $80 and was going to buy it work it over and give to to him for Christmas or something but the other day he called me  after blowing my phone with txts about rifled he'd like me to be on the look out for.

Asked me me if I saw is txt and was talking about how much he wanted one ( he can't make it to most of the places that sell guns unless he gets up really early in the weekends,due to work, I work nights though so I'm visiting them weekly lol ). Well I tell him " Tell ya what dad ,what if I said I knew where a nice one was at for only $100 ?! Scope, magazine, just needs a sling and a good cleaning."Well that was Thursday and I convinced him to come with me to town Saturday morning to just look at it .

Well today I dragged him up to the pawn shop and he was being cranky old man as usual lol .Well get him up to the pawn shop and he was asking which one it is all , had to give a few winks and nods to the employees to keep them from spilling the beans early ? Usually I walk in and they as me which one I'm her to pay for it but this time ? Yes I have a problem when it comes to buying guns what can I say lol. Well he actually taught a few of them along with some of the guys in the store shopping so talking to them while we waited for I'm a little less grumpy and more in a joking mood. Well finally they bring it out and hand it to him right. Before I could ask him what he thought he was shouldering going
" O yeah ! This is it ! I want it !" 

IMG_20221022_114145751.jpg.d77fe7ee9aaadba8142d31ee2f1f790d.jpg
Littlery eveyone on the gun side of the shop was grinning ear to ear then he looked a lil confused though and asked why they had it in the back then looked at the tag and said " hay this isnt only $100 like you said !"Eveyone started laughing and I told him I'd been paying on it for the last three months, and since he doesn't really like gifts there's only $80 left on it so he can pay that little bit off and it's his !

Well didn't get the picture of his face when we broke that new to him but it was priceless ? I had to take him all over town with me while I run errands and man he's been bragging about it all day to any and everyone ? 

Not to mention he was able to play around with a bunch of guns seeing what he wanted next.... Along with putting another gun he wanted on layway ( CVA 45-70 break action) so now I gotta get ready to load and cast for that thing lol. Honestly though I was gonna have to pour some cold water on him to calm him down a little ?

IMG_20221022_120222605.jpg.dc3568c4c4ff03fab964edbcdfa9980f.jpg

( Excuse his poor trigger control he was an officer they ain't too bright somtimes ?)

Will say though I don't know how to feel now because had to go to by work to shop a little  and ended up seeing a bunch of my friends and managers and they all just kept saying " that's your dad ? .....yep it all makes sense now" ?? All in all good day !

Now hes got me about to weld up some target stands so he can plink ?

Edited by Wolfdog91
  • Like 8