Nice bag of bunnies

Ended up with 14 bunnies and nearly a fox. A late night walker interrupted a shot on Charlie otherwise it would have been a really good night. Always make sure before shooting there’s no one nearby…this was 11pm! A quick word stopped my mate shooting. Thank god for my thermal spotter ??

5FFD25EF-FAB2-422E-B505-6B9AAE21FEB7.jpeg

• Like 11

26 minutes ago, cragman said:

Yes, you’re right FH. I’ve had them at all times too but it was a shitty night, mist on the moor and drizzling. But there you go. The guy was oblivious to us 100 yards away ??

I can remember walking up the canal tow path in the early hours one winters night traveling from one piece of ground to another. it was Pissing it down and blowing a gale. the tow path was a mud bath, out of the blue walking the other way appeared a women and a bloke, she had white jeans and heels on and he was in an expensive looking suit. Now bear in mind the nearest road was a good few miles away. where they had come from and indeed were going to, i have no idea to this day ?

I was next to a pheasant pen waiting for a fox which had been nabbing young birds. It was about 10.30 -11.00 pm . I heard talking, then I saw torch light . “ Poachers “ I went around to where they were . It was some of the holiday makers who were staying in the holiday cottages who got lost taking a shortcut back from the pub . They were stumbling around upsetting the birds . I was pissed off and they could tell . The guy got pissy in front of his Mrs trying to act the big man . I thought to myself then I’ve just about had enough of this . There are so many people out at all times of day or night . 

• Like 1

Another thing to think about is approaching people with a rifle over your shoulder after dark. They could attack you or kick off about you having a firearm, although you’re completely innocent and have permission to be there. Most people aren’t aware that shooting goes on at night, so discretion is needed all the time, especially if you shoot on your own as I sometimes do

• Like 4

We get absolutely tortured by them up at the shoot, it’s rare that I don’t come across someone where they shouldn’t be, summer is the worst with the caravan site next to the piggeries, once I was up there with Hugo’s dad just after combine and there was a group of teenagers running around in the field we were having a call in, they didn’t know we were there so I turned the caller off and waited hoping they would fu*k off, then for some reason only know to him, my mate lit them up with his lamp ? well, they all ran around screaming, I had to go to the campsite reception to explain what had happened and how dangerous it was for them to be there, I had visions of armed response turning up if I’d just let them run back to the site

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Many fallow showing SD ??
We are quite lucky here with lack of walkers at night .Have seen the odd shaggers in fields in summer .The trick is to sneak up and scream like a banshee .Not many carry on the mating dance .
Back when the cull was in its infancy here mind ,different story .Unwashed everywhere ,drones and cam corders .Was fun times now long gone .

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Many fallow showing SD ??
We are quite lucky here with lack of walkers at night .Have seen the odd shaggers in fields in summer .The trick is to sneak up and scream like a banshee .Not many carry on the mating dance .
Back when the cull was in its infancy here mind ,different story .Unwashed everywhere ,drones and cam corders .Was fun times now long gone .

Whenever you see a vehicle in a gateway , it’s usually “ smoking or poking “. I used to leave them alone , except when there were two vehicles and the occupants were in one . I then suspected infidelity, and being old fashioned, I took pleasure in ruining their evening . It’s called in Latin “ coitus interruptus “ .??

• Haha 3