Coyote dogs with a drone

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have seen 2 single handed coyote lurchers.Both were bred by an Irishman who moved here.Coyote hunting is different in Dixie than Iowa.Its done with a mounted hunt and lurchers are used after the coy

Whatever the reason, that coyote's death was too drawn out. Didn't appreciate the video personally. If you can't kill quarry quickly with dogs....use a rifle.

Nice to watch some dogs running toothed game but I have to tell you mate, those dogs would be in the ground in the UK ! Not looking for an argument just telling you in conversation. I caught

Posted Images

That could've been very enjoyable footage if the dogs couldve got the job done properly/quickly...

Not for me that... the hunt is always the best part but the kill should just be quick with no frills...

• Like 1

Been to the states and seen yotes in their natural environment .They vary greatly in size according to prey hunted apparently .

In Canada they were tiny in comparison but in wolf country I was told they don’t do well .

Weights apparently vary from 15 to 30 kg for big males ,some difference to a fox that barely tops 10 kg .Understand the lack of commitment by the dogs shown , not seen a single vid on the tube of single handed dogs taking yote cleanly but in a country where hunting liberty is a right I don’t see any wrong in saving one when 3 will do .

We tend to think purist here and rightly so but others see only pest control .

Ive owned a bull cross that did fox as a good terrier does a rat ,just pick up and crunch none of that shaking all over the field .Did same with other stuff but shit on deer .

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Been to the states and seen yotes in their natural environment .They vary greatly in size according to prey hunted apparently .

In Canada they were tiny in comparison but in wolf country I was told they don’t do well .

Weights apparently vary from 15 to 30 kg for big males ,some difference to a fox that barely tops 10 kg .Understand the lack of commitment by the dogs shown , not seen a single vid on the tube of single handed dogs taking yote cleanly but in a country where hunting liberty is a right I don’t see any wrong in saving one when 3 will do .

We tend to think purist here and rightly so but others see only pest control .

Ive owned a bull cross that did fox as a good terrier does a rat ,just pick up and crunch none of that shaking all over the field .Did same with other stuff but shit on deer .

I don’t think they get anywhere near 30kg……the heaviest ever killed was 34kg, I just googled it.

They run a few kilos in front of Fox and are slightly bigger.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion mate but to me, that there in that video is a spectacle of 3 dogs that ain’t worth feeding if that is their job.

• Like 1

Get on the Yank trapping forums Wilf and ask about weights mate .I’ve seen yotes that even the locals needed a second glance to make sure it wasn’t a wolf .They arnt to be confused with our fox at all mate .Our fox is a poor second to a yote that kills deer albeit in a pack .

Yotes regularly kill small dogs .You ever heard of a fox killing even a Russel ?

• Like 3
Just now, foxdropper said:

Get on the Yank trapping forums Wilf and ask about weights mate .I’ve seen yotes that even the locals needed a second glance to make sure it wasn’t a wolf .They arnt to be confused with our fox at all mate .Our fox is a poor second to a yote that kills deer albeit in a pack .

Coywolf hybrids, you certainly get them in ontario and Quebec, I spoke to an old cannabis farmer who was surrounded in the Bush by 4 or 5 yipping around him. 

• Like 2

I have seen 2 single handed coyote lurchers.Both were bred by an Irishman who moved here.Coyote hunting is different in Dixie than Iowa.Its done with a mounted hunt and lurchers are used after the coyote breaks.Screenshot_20221020-133015_Photos.jpg.d5faea3d1d392fdfe81bfe78b3e0a425.jpg

This one is old now but could do coyote single handed.He is spending his last years killing armadillo around the mounted hunt stable.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3