Could anyone do this up

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ace jimmy I'd love to see pics when you have finished and pics of bignappers gun too I love stock refinishing threads. Here's one iv just done......    

Go on then John you will need to send it up to me mind but ur welcome to drop it off if you want  I'm busy with a shot gun stock at the moment for Phil  And will not be adle to start it unti

Posted Images

On 22/10/2022 at 07:11, big napper said:

Cheers for that mac thats a nice offer from you pal, iv decided not to bother im getting him something like a rat catcher or that type for now, something small and light, cheers again for the offer pal

These are great i have the wood stocked version, fitted an altaros regulator, packed valve and then a cyl guage it's like a cheap miniaturised s410 so now I have a reg and pressure guage. Polished hammer etc it's also amazing as standard but 36 shot count but buy a cheap chinese pump and no co2 to buy and your away........

Screenshot_20221023-163554_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 27/10/2022 at 19:43, tomburras said:

Looks really good! Nice grain and stripes showing. I love how every stock looks different, i found its a suprise on different stocks every time. Looks a bueaty.

Just put the second coat of oil on this morning Tom 

IMG_20221031_091314.jpg

IMG_20221031_091300.jpg

IMG_20221031_091233.jpg

• Like 1
5 hours ago, tomburras said:

That's one he'll of a transformation! Coming on great I bet philpot will be chuffed.

Philpot is well chuffed Tom, I just don't see why it was painted dark green in the first place. The Winchester o/u 12 gauge is for my son in law who helps me out a lot AND as the bloody turbo on my Passat estate went this morning he will be helping out some more. 

I think when the oil has been worked into the stock, it will take on a nice lustre and become a cracking first shotgun.

Phil

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 31/10/2022 at 11:57, bigmac 97kt said:

Was painted all black when it was sent to me Tom 

Just started to strip it in these pics 

Screenshot_20221031_115359_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20221031_115342_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Well you have all seen Jimmy's hard work taking this bloody awful painted stock and turning it into a really nice stock.  The stock is from a Winchester o/u shotgun that I got for my son in law to shoot clays and the odd woodie and now the stock has arrived about an hour ago so I just wanted you all to see it back on the gun. The recoil pad is not fitted as yet but simply placed so you can see roughly what it will look like.

A huge thanks to Jimmy from both Simon (my son in law) and myself for all the hard work that has gone into this. It must be said that at first I asked Jimmy if he wanted to have a play with this stock as he was off work and somewhat bored but neither of us knew just how much work was needed and for those of you who know about Jimmy's health, will know the effort he put into this project and what it has taken out of him. That was not the intention my friend but now that it is done, it makes me more grateful to you, thank you again.

DSCF3888.JPG

DSCF3887.JPG

DSCF3891.JPG

DSCF3890.JPG

This is going to make Simon a great first shotty and without doubt he will enjoy clay busting with his own gun rather than to keep using someone elses gun.    Sorry folks, one photo turned upside down and photobucket has changed things again, God knows how to rotate it now............?

Phil

• Like 3