AN ITERESTING TOPIC

4 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I wouldn’t bank on them being in dales in any great number for much longer mate, even the last few strongholds are dwindling season by season 

I ts you Don  and that little Plummer .

• Haha 1

I’m in the west country and if anything I’ve seen an increase in rabbits over the last few years in 90% of the places we go.

one bit of permission is completely devoid of rabbits not sure if it’s been hit by this or just completely played out as everyone has permission there but this is the only year I’ve seen nothing.

20 hours ago, FairLaw said:

Up near Skipton, old fella at work told me, could be making it up but he lives up near there.

I'm not saying there isn't because I don't walk the land round there.....but driving all around that area I don't see any 

35 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Cos there is none or very few , around leyburn area outward hawes an that are the last real strongholds, but there’s a load a lads rattling it daily and on lamp, it won’t last much longer ?

i was told yesterday  that two chaps were caught at Castle Bolton Ferreting without permission , the Police took their Rabbits , Nets ,Locaters   and their Car , i have heard about times when they take the cars off of Hare coursers but this is a new Ballgame .

• Like 1

If the dales were to be stripped off rabbits it wouldn’t be due to disease but over hunting. Some pictures I see posted are staggering to someone that considers half a dozen a good day. Lads genuinely catching 100+ in a trip and driving from here there and everywhere to get there. If rabbits are left to do what they do they will always recover in time the issue in this country is to many people to much impatience. It’s only been 5/6 years in most places max since RVHD2 started it’s grisly work from looking at New Zealand and Australia it’s a absolutely minimum of ten years if they are left alone. If the numbers aren’t there just leave them alone and if they are just take enough to do a job rather than decimate the population. 

• Like 4
17 hours ago, Bobtheferret said:

If the dales were to be stripped off rabbits it wouldn’t be due to disease but over hunting. Some pictures I see posted are staggering to someone that considers half a dozen a good day. Lads genuinely catching 100+ in a trip and driving from here there and everywhere to get there. If rabbits are left to do what they do they will always recover in time the issue in this country is to many people to much impatience. It’s only been 5/6 years in most places max since RVHD2 started it’s grisly work from looking at New Zealand and Australia it’s a absolutely minimum of ten years if they are left alone. If the numbers aren’t there just leave them alone and if they are just take enough to do a job rather than decimate the population. 

IF

• Like 1
18 hours ago, OldPhil said:

The multitude of Drop Traps installed all over the various Dales estates, are frequently, "the beginning of the end"?

PICT0008.jpg

I saw these at work in Northamptonshire  in the early 70s they were all made of Wood  on this place, they were efficient but badly mannaged  , rabbits died and rotted in those boxens but it did not deter others from stepping on that pivoted floor

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
39 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

They a good bit a kit, can’t deny it, very effective this was open the 25/30 mins it took us to walk round a couple of fields after opening trap 

7936B6DD-A6FF-4CCD-A0C7-3A245B3CBC18.jpeg

C30C2F7E-ED1A-4D31-90EF-1DB4601DF7EC.jpeg

95A0735F-B801-4E40-9B14-B85A0E3839EA.jpeg

B7675408-11FA-4EC4-B660-3370EF858A17.jpeg

had a nose inside one of those box traps last time we was in the Highlands....was 14 rabbits treading water the poor fuckers?

• Sad 1