New hunting laws uk

14 hours ago, moonlighter said:

I’m hoping it will put a few of the wankers off.. the ones who come mob handed and drive the fields…. Once they’re f****d off, it will leave the rest of us to crack on. 

Me to pal

There are no 'new hunting laws' only stiffer penalties for Hare Coursing/Poaching and it being much easier to now prosecute those allegedly involved. There are supposed to be safeguards embedded in the legislation for legitimate hunting on permission but I don't know what they are. 

Obviously in Scotland there is a draft Bill progressing that will effectively outlaw ALL hunting with dogs except ratting and, at present, some limited terrier work but even that now looks at risk. All Lurcher work will be finished next year if the Bill is not amended. 

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, BEARINATOR said:

It’s not just hare coursers but all types of dog hunting, the going equipped law just means you either risk everything and keep on or quitting altogether 

That going equipped lark section 57 or 58 in Scotland is basically 3 month in the pokey if you have previous ...... coppers in the north of Glasgow’s favourite that was ...KT..... basically see you in 3 month ..... lifted outside my mums close on a KT.... if they start using that on dog lads the game is fecked..... so if your thought to be coursing they can use that? 

• Sad 1

I honestly dunno how id handle mentally not being able take my dog out \ Nell, if she was still with me, believe it or not, every day no matter what the weather, come 1 pm, she would come stick her muzzle into me, meaning come on, i want out, even when she was on her last legs, she would do it, and i always obliged, always, its hard for me now, without a dog, but at least, ive had my days eh

• Like 2

From what I’ve read on Lincolnshire police, I think hare coursing can now be a 6 month prison sentence. The big one is you can now be arrested/prosecuted is you caught going equipped. Although this is a grey area as what constitutes “going equipped”?  
Obviously getting caught in a field with a dog, slip lead, and thermal would be that… but what about waking on a public footpath with a lurcher, that’s passing through a field etc. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, moonlighter said:

From what I’ve read on Lincolnshire police, I think hare coursing can now be a 6 month prison sentence. The big one is you can now be arrested/prosecuted is you caught going equipped. Although this is a grey area as what constitutes “going equipped”?  
Obviously getting caught in a field with a dog, slip lead, and thermal would be that… but what about waking on a public footpath with a lurcher, that’s passing through a field etc. 

Like most of these things it will probably mean whatever they want it to mean on the day and that’s the real killer…….of course anyone can tough it out and fight it all through The court system but ultimately who wants all that f***ing aggro ? 
Most lads don’t  and they know that, it will police itself once they have a few high profile, throw the book at people type nickings under their belt.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, moonlighter said:

Six months for hare courses while paedos get a slap on the wrist,wtf are we doing,this is sickening.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2