Metal detecting Guys

11 minutes ago, Arry said:

Thats some nice stuff touchey. Whats the silver disk with the face on bottom photo bottom left mate?

Cheers Arry 

Snuff box I think mate cheers

On 08/01/2023 at 00:55, Bush Rummager said:

I've got you mate!!??

On 02/02/2023 at 20:46, culltheweak said:

Ha it was the builder having a go with a pole saw before I started 

• Like 1

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well out today windy as f**k ground was hard work with sensitivity few buttons and pennies and crap was about to give up as the farm as been hit hard by a club. Then hit a Roman Dolphin brooch ga

Out today with the new spade got to say it's very good. Dug some junk but did get a 1697 William 3rd sixpence was chuffed with that. Cheers Arry

No Mack I'm going to taste both. Cheers Arry

Posted Images

2 hours ago, mackem said:

I have an old minelab sovereign,had it serviced last year,thinking of getting an upgrade.I remember the Viking.

Sovereigns are good machines but slow recovery speed , i used a GT  on the beach for years , had some nice rings of filey and Brid beaches 

Went on to upgrade to a explorer pro but to be honest the weight just made it a chore to detect with 

Used most tesoro laser detectors for land , they don't miss much but aren't deep 

• Like 2

Out this afternoon 4 coins 2 pennies 1917 and 1930 a three pence piece 1942 and bit of silver William 1V half crown 1834.

IMG_8705.jpeg.8ee99fc97748db0b4540af39e17db3ff.jpeg

IMG_8708.jpeg.0616c889fbb770517629d3a67e9fe175.jpeg

IMG_8712.jpeg.d2a4ee7fa30cd60d7db334e5afeafea6.jpeg

A curious home made fishing weight thats been casted in a mussel shell

2144188671_IMG_87172.jpeg.f99dfe8731975c51a44a699c7fe20734.jpeg

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 8
7 minutes ago, Arry said:

Out this afternoon 4 coins 2 pennies 1917 and 1930 a three pence piece 1942 and bit of silver William 1V half crown 1834.

IMG_8705.jpeg.8ee99fc97748db0b4540af39e17db3ff.jpeg

IMG_8708.jpeg.0616c889fbb770517629d3a67e9fe175.jpeg

IMG_8712.jpeg.d2a4ee7fa30cd60d7db334e5afeafea6.jpeg

A curious home made fishing weight thats been casted in a mussel shell

2144188671_IMG_87172.jpeg.f99dfe8731975c51a44a699c7fe20734.jpeg

Cheers Arry

Used to be able to buy those fishing weights Arry for carp anglers.

Always strange about people finding hoards I thought,why didn’t the owners return to collect them?I knew a guy,had a spare bit of cash,didn’t want it around the house and it was a sufficient amount that he couldn’t walk into the Nat west and plonk it on the counter without suspicion.He decided to deposit it in the land bank.Bought a small plastic barrel,a spade,and off he went to make his deposit.Had a GPS with him but it was summer,thick foliage overhead,and he couldn’t get a fix,but he was certain he could find his way back.

Even today he sometimes thinks of that cash,old 10’s and 20’s,vac sealed and in a barrel,maybe he will go back there one day,rent a ground penetrating radar device or whatever,or maybe in a few hundred years an earth moving machine will unearth a small blue plastic barrel and wonder how it ended up where it did and why whoever buried it never returned to collect it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, mackem said:

Used to be able to buy those fishing weights Arry for carp anglers.

Always strange about people finding hoards I thought,why didn’t the owners return to collect them?I knew a guy,had a spare bit of cash,didn’t want it around the house and it was a sufficient amount that he couldn’t walk into the Nat west and plonk it on the counter without suspicion.He decided to deposit it in the land bank.Bought a small plastic barrel,a spade,and off he went to make his deposit.Had a GPS with him but it was summer,thick foliage overhead,and he couldn’t get a fix,but he was certain he could find his way back.

Even today he sometimes thinks of that cash,old 10’s and 20’s,vac sealed and in a barrel,maybe he will go back there one day,rent a ground penetrating radar device or whatever,or maybe in a few hundred years an earth moving machine will unearth a small blue plastic barrel and wonder how it ended up where it did and why whoever buried it never returned to collect it.

A mate of mine had his cash stash turned into a rats nest ?

2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

A mate of mine had his cash stash turned into a rats nest ?

The guy I knew had cash stashed in a few places,probably still has,but he was well aware of rats so made sure they couldn’t make nice nests from his hard earned paper.

what age would that be 1900-present day-ish ?

WWW.JSEQUINE.CO.UK

Buy Steel Exercise Stirrup Iron (Pair) from our Horse Equipment range - @ JS Equine

i see all the modern ones are made of steel.....so if yours is brass ...nice one...great door knocker:good:

Edited by ditchman
  • Like 1

all this talk of metal detecting has made my mind up about buying a detector.looking at the garret ace 250/300 i think to start things off.will hopefuly get one by the end of the month.been thinking about doing this for years and that aussie gold hunters programme got me thinking about it again.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, .357shooter said:

all this talk of metal detecting has made my mind up about buying a detector.looking at the garret ace 250/300 i think to start things off.will hopefuly get one by the end of the month.been thinking about doing this for years and that aussie gold hunters programme got me thinking about it again.

I had a 250 and found loads with it including silver hammered coins. It's got a brilliant pin pointer on it as well. Most detectors require a hand-held pin pointer to go with them but I never needed one with the 250. I upgraded to a Lazer Hawkeye but I've sold it and am buying another 250...their simplicity suited me down to the ground, no messing about, no working out different tones or number's, just swing it until you get a loud clear ding ding and I hoovered up coins with it. My finds always beat or equalled my mates with their top end detectors 

2 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

I had a 250 and found loads with it including silver hammered coins. It's got a brilliant pin pointer on it as well. Most detectors require a hand-held pin pointer to go with them but I never needed one with the 250. I upgraded to a Lazer Hawkeye but I've sold it and am buying another 250...their simplicity suited me down to the ground, no messing about, no working out different tones or number's, just swing it until you get a loud clear ding ding and I hoovered up coins with it. My finds always beat or equalled my mates with their top end detectors 

Why did you sell the laser mate,they have a good rep,just not like the machine?

31 minutes ago, mackem said:

Why did you sell the laser mate,they have a good rep,just not like the machine?

Yeah just didn't find much with it ?. Like when you miss a few shots with a new gun and never fully have confidence in it I guess 

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, torchey said:

The garretts seem to be a good machine on the dryer ground , had a Hawkeye that was a good machine .got a deus and equinox and the equinox definitely goes deeper than all of them 

how deep does a metal detector pick up a signal....would it be around a foot....