Big old dog fox!

I decided to go to a place tonight that I haven’t been to for a couple of months. I thought there would be one about because there usually is there. I parked at the side of a farm building overlooking a big field and put the foxpro on a fence post about forty yards away. Fifteen minutes of jack rabbit distress had a fox flying in. Unfortunately he came so fast he got to about forty yards from us and saw us. He turned and went away straight down the field. I followed him through the scope hoping he would stop which is what he did around one hundred and fifty yards away. As he stopped he looked back over his shoulder and I shot him in the boiler room. I knew he was a good one when I walked up to him. He weighed in at 21.5lbs. 

BA844E60-49AF-4F53-A861-D9504591BD98.jpeg

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

What a specimen and what a tag!

17?

No not last night, i used the 243. I think my 17 would have bounced off this fella then he would of been really mad and set about biting my ankles.?

2 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

What a beast !!! I shot a 20lb fox last week , my pb . What’s your heaviest Ian ? 

My heaviest was actually over thirty years ago and was a tad over 23lb. Again it was a dog fox that had decided he had more right to my poultry than i had. I convinced him otherwise with a face full of no7s at 20 yards out of my Baikal sxs at the bottom of my garden. Both of my two heaviest have been at the edge of big villages where i suspect they get plenty of grub.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1