• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pannage or rewilding. Youd have to be a pr*ck to put the dog on a domestic pig. Some heros on here ? 

I was told a funny story from an old bloke ,when he were young him and his mate decided 2 gee the lurchers up on a young pig they stumbled across in a pen in a wood ,his mate jumped in 2 secure it and

There was a big escape in Wales but don't think they lasted long, we don't have the land here if forest of Dean was in the valleys they wouldn't have a high density boar problem....?

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Budgiesmuggler said:

I was out walking a wood local to me in the SW and this guy pops up.. Spoke to a couple people and apparently round here there been loads of pigs sightings in wooded areas.. He doesn’t appear to be a wild pig to me but maybe I’m wrong? Does anyone know why these pigs are popping up round here?

FD87FE72-A4DB-4DAB-A914-CFC0E151ADD2.jpeg

Quite possibly because someone keeps free range large blacks.  normally you get rights to graze with your title deeds in some areas, in others to rent the grazing from the forest owners. private woodland owners often allow pigs every few years, from once every 10-15 year cycles, depending on undergrowth etc.

24 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Pannage or rewilding.

Youd have to be a pr*ck to put the dog on a domestic pig. Some heros on here ? 

I was told a funny story from an old bloke ,when he were young him and his mate decided 2 gee the lurchers up on a young pig they stumbled across in a pen in a wood ,his mate jumped in 2 secure it and the sow ran out and bit his arse causing him considerable damage 2 his nethers 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
On 11/10/2022 at 15:23, Budgiesmuggler said:

I was out walking a wood local to me in the SW and this guy pops up.. Spoke to a couple people and apparently round here there been loads of pigs sightings in wooded areas.. He doesn’t appear to be a wild pig to me but maybe I’m wrong? Does anyone know why these pigs are popping up round here?

FD87FE72-A4DB-4DAB-A914-CFC0E151ADD2.jpeg

There’s some pigs out and about on South West part of Dartmoor apparently. 

Any pig allowed to live a wild life will revert to a natural state a lot may be due to foraging and rooting builds much stronger necks and shoulders. Leave them be and their could be a nice feral population for a bit of sport in a couple of generations.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, stevemac said:

Any pig allowed to live a wild life will revert to a natural state a lot may be due to foraging and rooting builds much stronger necks and shoulders. Leave them be and their could be a nice feral population for a bit of sport in a couple of generations.

There was a big escape in Wales but don't think they lasted long, we don't have the land here if forest of Dean was in the valleys they wouldn't have a high density boar problem....?

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Borr said:

Some wild boar was let out on exmoor by animal rights extremists. Not sure how the population is doing up there. I know a few we’re getting exercised with dogs ?

Edited by Gypsydog94
  • Like 1