Meindl Veneto GTX Wide Fit Walking Boots

Anyone tried these are they any good? I'm on my feet all day at work and it's starting to take its toll on my poor feet so looking for something decent for work and play ,any other recommendations are welcome but they must come in wide fitting. 

HILLANDDALEOUTDOORS.CO.UK

The Veneto GTX is a mens wide fit trail boot from Meindl, excellent for those with wider...

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Might be worth grabbing yaself a pair an trying mate, I bought mine New Years back but you can get em cheap on eBay an that, if ye don’t like em sell em on ?61E11B26-9062-4BEC-87B4-2703430E7656.jpeg.66aa6d6d16420ea868cf67df2b9d1e15.jpegE60331EC-C7DE-484B-9D7C-C506469A6C58.jpeg.757ceab04ecb6f9a743bdec8086557ba.jpeg

Cheers I'll have a gander ?

Must admit; I could do with some footwear myself. I've worn Crocs for what must surely be pushing a couple of years now. Very good. Very nice. If I walk in mud 'n shit? So what? The next walk in water takes care of that. No fussing with them. None of this wax and spray shit.

But, I notice they have flat soles? Not much going on inside either, to compensate. And, I've found myself walking like a kunt, these days. Used to stride. very fast and capable walker.

Now? One foot barely seems to get out much further than the other! Like, legs once made of elastic are now made of wood :( I actually, genuinely, find myself looking down at my feet, as I walk through town, from A to B. Thinking; " Move you fukkers!!! " But, they don't. I want them to get out in front of me.

That and the general fukking state of me, from the hips down. I'm Seriously wondering if I haven't done this to myself, by altering the walking manner of a life time. Taking away any support for my arches.

German? Frankly; If I could shuffle out and buy a pair, from a bricks and mortar. With cash? I'd nip out and grab a pair right now. (Dunno about my Liability level though)

Cant comment on the Desert Boots. I did have a pair of Meindl hiking boots not the same but similar and the were very light comfortable but soon let water in and didn't last long. They were out of warranty but I still complained, offered me a pair at half price. Would be hard for me to buy another pair of Meindl as they weren't cheap.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Arry said:

Cant comment on the Desert Boots. I did have a pair of Meindl hiking boots not the same but similar and the were very light comfortable but soon let water in and didn't last long. They were out of warranty but I still complained, offered me a pair at half price. Would be hard for me to buy another pair of Meindl as they weren't cheap.

Cheers Arry

90% of the time I'm just stood at my bench which is half the problem I think,  I just want something comfortable and half decent wearing, I'm currently wearing a pair of sketchers arch fit trainers which although  reasonably comfortable they are just too lightweight,  if I drop my chisel I'd probably lose a toe ?,  I've never been able to get on with any  capped boot or shoe. If I got a year pain free out of them they'd be worth every penny. 

36 minutes ago, kanny said:

90% of the time I'm just stood at my bench which is half the problem I think,  I just want something comfortable and half decent wearing, I'm currently wearing a pair of sketchers arch fit trainers which although  reasonably comfortable they are just too lightweight,  if I drop my chisel I'd probably lose a toe ?,  I've never been able to get on with any  capped boot or shoe. If I got a year pain free out of them they'd be worth every penny. 

In all fairness they were very comfortable and light. Just didn't stand up after 18 months wet feet then the sole started to come off. Perhaps a duff pair I don't know was used for hiking up on the Moor and in the woods after fungi.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

I have some Meindl Tonale GTX Anthracite/Lemon and I really like them, probably not what you want but I like them so much I have already bought my next pair for when there burnt out..

Also have altberg combat of ebay, not as comfy but cheap,these might be better for working in

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I’d go with the first meindl you looked at kanny, if they not suitable for work, then atleast you’ll be able to wear them out an about fishing an stuff in decent weather, I can’t see comfort being a problem with them 

She's paying so I agree ? ? 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Not tried them but one comfiest boots I ever have wore for just being up an about all day are meindl boots, think they desert boots tho, but I’d have another pair in a heartbeat if I didn’t have loads more to use after these are gone ?

Agreed, don't know the "model" but I had a pair of Miendle boots, lasted 4 or 5 years and were comfy as f**k, bone dry feet.. walked miles in em with the dogs... they aren't cheap but were very good...

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...