Advice please lads

Young Russell dog has came out with these rash on his shoulders   , followed by scabs , but not affecting him or making him scratch. I've gave him 3 days of antibiotics, but doesn't seen to have helped  .there's no mange etc round by me in either dog or fox  , I've tried him on gluten free dog food incase it was an allergy ! Any advice before trip to vets . Should I try ivermectin first ?? 

20221008_144945.jpg

20221008_144935.jpg

Don't put ivomac anywhere near the dog it doesn't need it... I'm no vet tho it looks like the same thing a wee bitch of mine had a few months back all I done was give her a good wash in a flee shampoo and applied E45 to the rash and every night I'd clean it and put the cream on again within two weeks it was gone 

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Davydunny said:

Young Russell dog has came out with these rash on his shoulders   , followed by scabs , but not affecting him or making him scratch. I've gave him 3 days of antibiotics, but doesn't seen to have helped  .there's no mange etc round by me in either dog or fox  , I've tried him on gluten free dog food incase it was an allergy ! Any advice before trip to vets . Should I try ivermectin first ?? 

20221008_144945.jpg

20221008_144935.jpg

Bath him in hibiscrub every couple days? 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, downsouth said:

Some good advice apart from the start jabbing it with Ivomec.Might also be worth clipping the hair over and around it to allow it to breath.

Do you not like ivomec ? 

No nothing about it really, just a lad I know swears by it .I have cut it back and ordered some gear ,stinky stuff it's called. I also have hibiscrub. It's not bothering the dog. Just looks sore .ends up being like crusty scabs over a couple of days .

15 hours ago, Davydunny said:

Do you not like ivomec ? 

No nothing about it really, just a lad I know swears by it .I have cut it back and ordered some gear ,stinky stuff it's called. I also have hibiscrub. It's not bothering the dog. Just looks sore .ends up being like crusty scabs over a couple of days .

Ive used it a couple of times on dogs if its been for very several cases of manage etc but its very hash and can do damage to the central nervous system especially if not dosed correctly.Seen lads who are just Happy to jab it in dogs willy nilly without trying a lot less harsher products first.Id only ever use it as a last resort

• Like 9
3 hours ago, downsouth said:

Ive used it a couple of times on dogs if its been for very several cases of manage etc but its very hash and can do damage to the central nervous system especially if not dosed correctly.Seen lads who are just Happy to jab it in dogs willy nilly without trying a lot less harsher products first.Id only ever use it as a last resort

Ye take ya point, I'll try the hibiscrub wash first  ,see how it goes .thanks for advice  

• Like 1