Just started and feel like giving in

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Reckon it’s folk on here that have been reading your posts slating them for ruining the land an the game ? maybe they wanted tell you they shit gates this time ?

Totally different farm in a different county mate ? 

If you want to stick up for and praise lads who do donuts all over crop fields, smash fences, mess with stock and throw multiple dogs / run over half grown quarry. 

You crack on ? 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If that’s enough to make you Jack the lamping in you best not start poaching ?

Sounds like there's plenty 2 go round

Don't mean to be horrible and it's a bit sad that people are on ya patch. But they fecked off, so stop being a fanny.

Posted Images

Facts are,...some guys,.. whether they be the permission holders or others,...can really cause you hurt...?

Lots of men can have a fair do, and they will most definitely have a fight,.. and some can genuinely hold their own with other fellahs,.. but at night,.. things are different...All sorts of shit can go down,. and its often best to get the feck out of a place...Nobody likes being 'scared off',.. and in truth, that is what it is,.. but having personally been in this situation several times,.. I have found that discretion is sometimes, a better option,.. than valour?

We are hunters,.. not  prize-fighters,...and NO genuine predator goes looking for trouble...?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 6
22 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

Facts are,...some guys,.. whether they be the permission holders or others,...can really cause you hurt...?

Lots of men can have a fair do, and they will most definitely have a fight,.. and some can genuinely hold their own with other fellahs,.. but at night,.. things are different...All sorts of shit can go down,. and its often best to get the feck out of a place...Nobody likes being 'scared off',.. and in truth, that is what it is,.. but having personally been in this situation several times,.. I have found that discretion is sometimes, a better option,.. than valour?

We are hunters,.. not  prize-fighters,...and NO genuine predator goes looking for trouble...?

_MG_7633.JPG

If in doubt run like feck 

Reminds me of a "do" we had about 15 year ago.

Me and a well known dog lad who used to be on here were out lamping. I had a young Beddy type on her first night on the dazzler.

Anyway, Delta was running a rabbit ragged, and I was fully engrossed in the chase when Danny shouted "quick let's go ! ".

Two quads both two up, were tearing across the field towards us ! 

Off we ran. Now, Danny, being about 30 and me being 55, soon sprinted past me !

"Danny, Danny," I shouted. "What? " He shouted back,

"Stop and ask them what they want and I'll get the motor started" I replied.

"f**k off, keep up you old c**t" came the reply from my rapidly disappearing "pal" ! 

Anyhow, we crossed a  railway line, got to the motor and made our escape !

Oh the fun of freelancing ??

Cheers.!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Lucky I wasn’t with you, I’d a tripped you up on way past ?

my line a thought has always been not to running you will only be knackered  by the time they catch you up 

worse i ever had was a boxing day dog mid course they come all on horse back the hunt master come swearing i told him  to f**k off il be off once i get the dog turned to look we’re the dog was and he lifted the horse on the back legs and brought it down on me front leg went down my leg to me ankle black and blue it was knock me about abit with the horse while the others cheered him on ? took a while to get me bearings and get out the way 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was surprised to learn some one drove a field near by the other day. This big field is sectioned off with high tensile electric wire and they went through it all. There truck must been wrecked. Just not the way to do things. Low profile leave no sign and definitely do no damage.
I remember being scared to death as a kid cause some idiot had left a gate open and fired up  the farmer. Found my self in the middle of a field lamping away when the first I new was head light came on and engine revved up. Sneaky sod had snuck his landrover into the top of field. He came at me full pelt down the slope but over cooked it and couldn't stop and went sliding by lol. That gave me to time to hit the cover and back then once I hit cover you weren't catching me lol 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, mC HULL said:

my line a thought has always been not to running you will only be knackered  by the time they catch you up 

worse i ever had was a boxing day dog mid course they come all on horse back the hunt master come swearing i told him  to f**k off il be off once i get the dog turned to look we’re the dog was and he lifted the horse on the back legs and brought it down on me front leg went down my leg to me ankle black and blue it was knock me about abit with the horse while the others cheered him on ? took a while to get me bearings and get out the way 

That is bad craic,...?

31 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

That is bad craic,...?

was all in a days coursing phil when younger had a few hiccups ferrets took few slaps to the back a neck back of head dog choked out on one occasion. me pals dog run over on the field by game keeper me pal was 14 still put him off up until now never had another runner 

i’m good on all the land now 

• Like 1

I dont really bother about poachers unless they drive over the fields leave gates open as often the farmer will say your doing a good job certainly less rabbits about now . Only thing that bothers me if a big estate has huge sandy warrens and i alaways pick up nets on these burrows and a odd ferret with no collar pisses me off as these guys have wised up the rabbits so when i come to ferret there the rabbits sit tight and your certain of a dig . 

The farmer there is known locally as a bit of a hot head and one day he flew down the field with the tractorman in his truck narrowly missing me and said Oh it you thats okay , Then the tractor man started speaking to me Cnut did the same last week Easter Sunday Started on a couple of guys Thought we where going to end up fighting over a few rabbits Next time i was there the guy had left the farm LOL Come to think of it that farmer seems to go threw a lot of staff  

I've had ongoing disputes with the local farmer and 'keeper for years.

One time the farmers son in law jumped out of his tractor and started screaming at me as I walked from my house to my Allotments across the field.

I simply got my 'phone out and told him to 'phone the land owner. He said HE was the landowner....I said no you're not, the Council is the land owner, and this is a public right of way, and the last time your father in law threatened to shoot people and their dogs, the council threatened to revoke the tenancy ! 

His attitude immediately changed and he said I could carry on crossing the land and offered me his hand.

I refused to shake his hand and informed him I didn't need his permission so he'd better get used to it !

He just scowls at me now ??

Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When you get to a certain age running across fields isn’t an option if you are caught your fecked from running like socks says gift of the gab comes in handy and not acting the Cnut on the ground also handy if yer lamping buddy’s not a shizen bag .... me my mate got left buy a Cnut in fife pick up came in the feild and he fecked off .... we walked out the feild up a hedge an away so no trouble but that’s bad craic on yer toes an leaving folk or dogs.... as for the op it soon all be banned then you’ll just be like the rest of us.... looking for a run wherever u can get it

• Like 1