Just started and feel like giving in

9 minutes ago, BEARINATOR said:

Exactly and people complain that can go out, shame you ain’t allowed a dog as I would of gave you my last bitch pup 

Thanks fr that matey, i was just having a bit of a rant n moan, its my choice im here, im with my daughter, well practically on her doorstep, if i hadnt have taken this accomodation, i could still be back in the midlands, anyway thanks again

• Like 2

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If that’s enough to make you Jack the lamping in you best not start poaching ?

Sounds like there's plenty 2 go round

Don't mean to be horrible and it's a bit sad that people are on ya patch. But they fecked off, so stop being a fanny.

Posted Images

You may have read. I’m considering a wee visit in a couple of weeks. Two or three of the lads might have a meet up around Melrose.  Not doing too bad . Few knock backs but not complaining. Jok.

7 hours ago, johnrussell84 said:

106 that night buddy. Might just have been someone passing and seen a few off the side of the road and chanced there arm.

Hope the pup recovers soon for you. ?

It’s the dogs chasing the sheep and levering the gates open mate what’s boiling my piss You know what land I run John it’s as good as said as you know yourself mate just getting regular phone calls asking if I was up cos people calling the farmers saying dogs are worrying sheep or they all out over the road cos gates are open just pissed me off a bit.

pups good maté healing fast he is thanks mate atvb mark 

• Like 1
On 07/10/2022 at 01:14, mhopton said:

My pup ted 13 months old and taking everything in his stride is out for a month having pulled a dew claw the vets agreed to remove both,  so I decided to take my old boy blade out for a run with a strong wind blowing and short sharp showers the conditions were good, folks who know me and blade will know that there is absolutely no reason to tell fibs about how good blade is he’s proven end off , we’ll he’s 9 1/2 years young and going strong anyway to the point’ we landed on the permission at 10 and had five minutes chill then off we went back up towards the village entrance to where I often start , the first field is rather small and overlooking a very steep hill side with a pig netting fence separating us from a nasty drop but don’t be fooled this field holds Moro rabbits than some see all year anyway first shine blade takes 1 then 2 and 3 straight off there seat at no surprise that’s he’s traid mark within 10 minutes of standing in the same spot he had taken 11 rabbits all retrieved apart from one he let go off before I got hold , he’s a sporting dog and don’t like catching same one twice (no one perfect) then my nightmare began over the other side of the quarry not 500 yrds to look but half hour walk a lamp shining round my returning route so got my phone out to ring the farmer and then there was another lamp but this time on the side I was in so rang up and was told no only you up tonight then his lights came on and he was away after them I lamped the other one up but they were away like a shot leaving tbere potlickers In the field amongst the sheep wtf only returning five minutes later for it but leaving gate open and away again and a phone call from the farmer saying sorry for this they are away but you are on your own and should not be confronting anyone who is on without permission day or night we’ll it’s nice to know he cares about me I’m no hard man and never thought to be but it’s sickening and disappointing to me and it’s the same for all you legitimate dog men and women it’s getting to the point where I’m thinking about packing in but it’s not fair on the dogs they absolutely love it I’ve got a mate from Scotland who comes once or twice a year and after missing out with covid last year the year before we took over a 100 rabbits between 2 dogs in one night but still this early into the season I’ve never been so disappointed just hope you all have better luck with your season and who ever you are don’t worry I’ll get ye 

atvb mark

After carefully reading this thread, I listened to both sides of the fence. Absorbed it all and came to my own conclusion.

Man up ya fanny..........lol 

In all seriousness I've never ever had permo. But I've also never boomeranged back on any ones land who's been kind  enough to take  me out. Lurchers were born and formed around hopping the hedge for as long as they have been around, that's just the way it is. But I've also never left gates open or had woody pullers either. And even if you are poaching you still respect the land !! Sure I've been caught on land and also had my motor lets say tampered with a few times, that's part and parcel of running the gauntlet ya just gotta take it on the chin.. Also I've been out and bumped into lads on there land. But I went over said hi and explained myself without  going all John Rambo. It is what it is, dog lads are gonna poach end of. It's how you go about it that counts. Also anybody with good permo like, rather than thinking of jacking inn. Should think them selves lucky to have such land and hassle free hunting, especially the way things are and are heading at the moment ! 

• Like 4

Here’s one for you ? if you want to give up over other lads hunting your ground.... try them hunting you ? 

Was out on perm one night on my own with the dog and I got chased / lamped by a group of lads in a motor who seemed fairly intent on doing me harm ? 

Lost them in some woods and had to lie low, but as I was zig zagging across the field being lamped and chased by a motor I had a bit of empathy with the hares ? 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
24 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Here’s one for you ? if you want to give up over other lads hunting your ground.... try them hunting you ? 

Was out on perm one night on my own with the dog and I got chased / lamped by a group of lads in a motor who seemed fairly intent on doing me harm ? 

Lost them in some woods and had to lie low, but as I was zig zagging across the field being lamped and chased by a motor I had a bit of empathy with the hares ? 

That's the gayest storey I've ever heard 

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

It was bound 2 be  one them Asian grooming gangs dog lads wunt be involved in any that caper