Just started and feel like giving in

My pup ted 13 months old and taking everything in his stride is out for a month having pulled a dew claw the vets agreed to remove both,  so I decided to take my old boy blade out for a run with a strong wind blowing and short sharp showers the conditions were good, folks who know me and blade will know that there is absolutely no reason to tell fibs about how good blade is he’s proven end off , we’ll he’s 9 1/2 years young and going strong anyway to the point’ we landed on the permission at 10 and had five minutes chill then off we went back up towards the village entrance to where I often start , the first field is rather small and overlooking a very steep hill side with a pig netting fence separating us from a nasty drop but don’t be fooled this field holds Moro rabbits than some see all year anyway first shine blade takes 1 then 2 and 3 straight off there seat at no surprise that’s he’s traid mark within 10 minutes of standing in the same spot he had taken 11 rabbits all retrieved apart from one he let go off before I got hold , he’s a sporting dog and don’t like catching same one twice (no one perfect) then my nightmare began over the other side of the quarry not 500 yrds to look but half hour walk a lamp shining round my returning route so got my phone out to ring the farmer and then there was another lamp but this time on the side I was in so rang up and was told no only you up tonight then his lights came on and he was away after them I lamped the other one up but they were away like a shot leaving tbere potlickers In the field amongst the sheep wtf only returning five minutes later for it but leaving gate open and away again and a phone call from the farmer saying sorry for this they are away but you are on your own and should not be confronting anyone who is on without permission day or night we’ll it’s nice to know he cares about me I’m no hard man and never thought to be but it’s sickening and disappointing to me and it’s the same for all you legitimate dog men and women it’s getting to the point where I’m thinking about packing in but it’s not fair on the dogs they absolutely love it I’ve got a mate from Scotland who comes once or twice a year and after missing out with covid last year the year before we took over a 100 rabbits between 2 dogs in one night but still this early into the season I’ve never been so disappointed just hope you all have better luck with your season and who ever you are don’t worry I’ll get ye 

atvb mark

• Like 4

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If that’s enough to make you Jack the lamping in you best not start poaching ?

Sounds like there's plenty 2 go round

Don't mean to be horrible and it's a bit sad that people are on ya patch. But they fecked off, so stop being a fanny.

Posted Images

That's life mate I wouldn't lose any sleep about it il stick penny to a pound theyve been on there many a time lamping with out you knowing just this time theyve been caught out sounds like theres more then enough to go round I wouldn't worry 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, mhopton said:

My pup ted 13 months old and taking everything in his stride is out for a month having pulled a dew claw the vets agreed to remove both,  so I decided to take my old boy blade out for a run with a strong wind blowing and short sharp showers the conditions were good, folks who know me and blade will know that there is absolutely no reason to tell fibs about how good blade is he’s proven end off , we’ll he’s 9 1/2 years young and going strong anyway to the point’ we landed on the permission at 10 and had five minutes chill then off we went back up towards the village entrance to where I often start , the first field is rather small and overlooking a very steep hill side with a pig netting fence separating us from a nasty drop but don’t be fooled this field holds Moro rabbits than some see all year anyway first shine blade takes 1 then 2 and 3 straight off there seat at no surprise that’s he’s traid mark within 10 minutes of standing in the same spot he had taken 11 rabbits all retrieved apart from one he let go off before I got hold , he’s a sporting dog and don’t like catching same one twice (no one perfect) then my nightmare began over the other side of the quarry not 500 yrds to look but half hour walk a lamp shining round my returning route so got my phone out to ring the farmer and then there was another lamp but this time on the side I was in so rang up and was told no only you up tonight then his lights came on and he was away after them I lamped the other one up but they were away like a shot leaving tbere potlickers In the field amongst the sheep wtf only returning five minutes later for it but leaving gate open and away again and a phone call from the farmer saying sorry for this they are away but you are on your own and should not be confronting anyone who is on without permission day or night we’ll it’s nice to know he cares about me I’m no hard man and never thought to be but it’s sickening and disappointing to me and it’s the same for all you legitimate dog men and women it’s getting to the point where I’m thinking about packing in but it’s not fair on the dogs they absolutely love it I’ve got a mate from Scotland who comes once or twice a year and after missing out with covid last year the year before we took over a 100 rabbits between 2 dogs in one night but still this early into the season I’ve never been so disappointed just hope you all have better luck with your season and who ever you are don’t worry I’ll get ye 

atvb mark

If that’s enough to make you Jack the lamping in you best not start poaching ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
8 hours ago, mhopton said:

atvb mark

Sorry your night was spoiled pal but when they ban dogwork altogether you'll need to poach too or give up. The way you started in I thought they must have twatted you or stole your dog, run you down or robbed the farm or something.

• Like 3

It is wank seeing lads on ur permission knowing they haven’t got it, but there’s plenty out there that will wonder, i like to walk the land in the day and see what’s on the land, i.e what signs of wildlife there are in there but also to see if there’s any dangers for the dogs there like rollers parked up or fences down, wire pulled out in to field, if ur poaching u might not know the land and any hidden dangers until it’s too late 

1 hour ago, Maximus Ferret said:

Sorry your night was spoiled pal but when they ban dogwork altogether you'll need to poach too or give up. The way you started in I thought they must have twatted you or stole your dog, run you down or robbed the farm or something.

Dog lads wunt do that 

caught 2 cheeky cnuts shooting airguns with thermal scopes on a field I've a few rabbit snares on last Sunday night... exchanged a few words..went back 5:30 am on the Monday and a few of my snares were gone...they must have scanned the boundaries and took the snares with rabbits in... because they were others set either side they didn't see....I've lifted them all now and informed the landowner...few yrs back I would of had a roll around and thought f**k all of it..but let's be honest,not worth the hassle these days...enjoy what you got left?

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

caught 2 cheeky cnuts shooting airguns with thermal scopes on a field I've a few rabbit snares on last Sunday night... exchanged a few words..went back 5:30 am on the Monday and a few of my snares were gone...they must have scanned the boundaries and took the snares with rabbits in... because they were others set either side they didn't see....I've lifted them all now and informed the landowner...few yrs back I would of had a roll around and thought f**k all of it..but let's be honest,not worth the hassle these days...enjoy what you got left?

People having a mooch on my permission don’t really bother me as long as they don’t cause me or the land owner bother. 

• Like 2