New York beckons

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some sight

I'll be with the wife ...there'll be feck all blowing of any form I can guarantee ye lol

I retired at 51 after 26 years out there and kept my airline benefits, including the free flights for me an my missus. We still travel a lot, the missus more so than me. I've not worked again, and don

Posted Images

Just spent 11 weeks travelling the USA. 

Loved NYC, make sure you get to Ground Zero early as they shut around 5 and will literally Chuck you out, there’s quite a lot to see inside. 

We saw 2 broadway shows which was good experience. 

The Empire State, Statue of Liberty etc all worth a look but absolutely rammed full of people, to the point they were a bit off putting. 

A very intense place but the energy is electric. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Any more input will be gratefully received folks,...what finances you reckon for 6 days there would be sufficient?I know it depends on how busy we'll be ,but I've intentions of long days and a bit of travelling,...so imagining I get to all the places and touristy spot .....AND CABELLAS,....what's a rough estimate for a break like this?...one other thing,there's not any restrictions on going without up to date COVID jabs? Cause I got the first two and pulled the plug on the rest of them

4 hours ago, jigsaw said:

Any more input will be gratefully received folks,...what finances you reckon for 6 days there would be sufficient?I know it depends on how busy we'll be ,but I've intentions of long days and a bit of travelling,...so imagining I get to all the places and touristy spot .....AND CABELLAS,....what's a rough estimate for a break like this?...one other thing,there's not any restrictions on going without up to date COVID jabs? Cause I got the first two and pulled the plug on the rest of them

Take your life savings don’t have to spend it all. But you don’t want to have any regrets because you’re being tight. Might not never go again ??‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Take your life savings don’t have to spend it all. But you don’t want to have any regrets because you’re being tight. Might not never go again ??‍♂️

I'd say most definitely I won't ever get the chance again,...

I'm hoping a few k will cover it,..how many k I don't know but fingers X I will have enough 

• Like 1
On 10/12/2022 at 19:13, Gypsydog94 said:

You are aware they have cash points in New York ?....no need to sling all your dough in a carrier bag just incase ?

2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

You are aware they have cash points in New York ?....no need to sling all your dough in a carrier bag just incase ?

Your unaware I don't have a bank account lol.,..but the wife has,...so better look into that

• Haha 1

I was looking to do 2 week in Orlando mid April with 4 days in New York after but I have to go to the embassy to get the the nod as I  was refused an esta.. as much as I want to go I'm not jumping them hoops..

I'll go to brid lol..uù

17 hours ago, smithie said:

I was looking to do 2 week in Orlando mid April with 4 days in New York after but I have to go to the embassy to get the the nod as I  was refused an esta.. as much as I want to go I'm not jumping them hoops..

I'll go to brid lol..uù

Skeg Vegas mate,? 

Cheers, D.

• 4 weeks later...

Quality city, I go there a few times every year for a piss up. I can’t do more than 3 nights though as the yanks enthusiasm drains me by then - if you like bars check out The Dead Rabbit. 

I got back week before Christmas and it’s well expensive over there now, $9-10 a pint before tip, $5 a coffee

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Quality city, I go there a few times every year for a piss up. I can’t do more than 3 nights though as the yanks enthusiasm drains me by then - if you like bars check out The Dead Rabbit. 

I got back week before Christmas and it’s well expensive over there now, $9-10 a pint before tip, $5 a coffee

I don't drink a whole lot tbh...you ever visit CABELLAS or bass Pro over there?

Well I've 6 nights,...hope I don't get pissed off early in the trip

3 hours ago, jigsaw said:

I don't drink a whole lot tbh...you ever visit CABELLAS or bass Pro over there?

Well I've 6 nights,...hope I don't get pissed off early in the trip

No mate, only ever been Manhattan. 

it might just be me being a miserable git, but hearing “awesome” “sure” “you got it” at the end of every sentence and the high fiving does my nut in

• Haha 2