New York beckons

7 hours ago, stop.end said:

Loved the place from May to October nearly always t shirt ..but if it decided to throw a lightning or monsoon storm... forget about it..lol but New York  NEVER comes to a stand still... I remember making Christmas Dinner getting  festival and it was torrential rain... Next morning 2 foot of tight compact snow... 

Funny that... we went for my wife's birthday, first time, late December ice rinks and Christmas vibes everywhere...it snowed so hard that our flight home was nearly cancelled, but in the city the snow ploughs were out straight away and it was "service as normal"... no f***ing about...seriously great place imo... we done snow balls on the pavements and the roads didn't stop...

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some sight

I'll be with the wife ...there'll be feck all blowing of any form I can guarantee ye lol

I retired at 51 after 26 years out there and kept my airline benefits, including the free flights for me an my missus. We still travel a lot, the missus more so than me. I've not worked again, and don

Posted Images

Went there a few times as a younger man couldnt stand the place it was pretty much the same as London but full of Americans,i mean who needs that !.....if you're a boxing fan Madison Square Garden is worth a look just for the history of the place if nothing else.....saw a number of different parts of America years ago never really enjoyed any of it truth be told.

• Sad 1
21 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Went there a few times as a younger man couldnt stand the place it was pretty much the same as London but full of Americans,i mean who needs that !.....if you're a boxing fan Madison Square Garden is worth a look just for the history of the place if nothing else.....saw a number of different parts of America years ago never really enjoyed any of it truth be told.

Went in there but as a tourist only ? would have loved to have watched a fight ? 

Cheers, D.

21 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Lol...no,not into boxing at all,.. hopefully we'll enjoy the few days there,...I'm on a right downer at the minute,just got my notice from work,the last few weeks were quiet,so I'm finishing up Friday coming..

All I feckin need ,right before X mass,

• Sad 3
52 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

Lol...no,not into boxing at all,.. hopefully we'll enjoy the few days there,...I'm on a right downer at the minute,just got my notice from work,the last few weeks were quiet,so I'm finishing up Friday coming..

Shit news mate, hope it picks up for you

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, jigsaw said:

Sorry to hear that....not a bad place to have a blow out though,fair do's i like your style ?

• Like 1

Hope you enjoy your beak despite the recent news about your job. Big city places have never attracted me to the point of wanting to go to them and the only one is the west end of London i have visited that's a known tourist attraction and that was in the 70s as a youth after going to crufts and then in 1980 after a pink floyd concert.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Hope you enjoy your beak despite the recent news about your job. Big city places have never attracted me to the point of wanting to go to them and the only one is the west end of London i have visited that's a known tourist attraction and that was in the 70s as a youth after going to crufts and then in 1980 after a pink floyd concert.

He won't be able to afford any beak now he's lost his job will he, talking about kicking a man when he's down! 

• Sad 1
16 hours ago, JDHUNTING said:

He won't be able to afford any beak now he's lost his job will he, talking about kicking a man when he's down! 

I'm on the hunt for a new job,but fuk it at 59 years young it ain't easy ,,I'll find some few bits between now and then,bad bloody timing though lol

• Like 3
1 hour ago, jigsaw said:

I'm on the hunt for a new job,but fuk it at 59 years young it ain't easy ,,I'll find some few bits between now and then,bad bloody timing though lol

Sorry if my post caused you any offence loosing your job ain't fun but I have found it's not the end of the world. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1