Scottish hunting bill

Whilst recent hot topics such as what picture would be best for Ken’s deputy’s toad tank backdrop and who is going to make a move in shutting max’s mouth for good are truly riveting. 

I haven’t seen much on here discussing the proposed Scottish bill that if passed will effectively end hunting with hounds in Scotland?

I know this is the general talk section, but when you realise what is proposed it will affect much more than simply hunting with hounds, it has serious ramifications for almost all forms of dog work, so seemed fitting to stick it on here as will ultimately affect us all one way or another. 

I haven’t heard much in the way of what is been done to counter this from the numerous organisations many of us pay to support (no surprise there), and can guarantee the opposition who are in favour of it will be putting in serious legwork to make it happen. 

It would be a valuable use of anyones time to read through it, even just the jist of it to see what lies ahead. 

it is my understanding that it will be debated in the coming months and could be passed early next year. 

Keen to hear from anyone more in the know as to what’s being done about it from our side and if there is anything we can do as individuals to help counter it. Seems to me there hasn’t been much if any publicity about this and the worry is it slips through without many even noticing. 

ATB

WWW.PARLIAMENT.SCOT

Hunting with Dogs (Scotland) Bill

• Like 3

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is quite a lot going on with this at committee stage at the moment with the RAINE committee urgently seeking clarification from Scottish Government  on numerous points especially  why Rabbits ha

We didn’t have a dog in the fight mate , we were f****d 20 years ago and have been ever since .    what hurts was that the anti hunt brigade were shafting us and the organisations supposed to a

There is always big cat hunting mate, that old boy the metal detector we met in Wiltshire has had more sightings and done a podcast there is also some seriously good thermal footage coming up on there

Posted Images

Architects of our own downfall , 11000 public infills , undoubtedly pushed through hard by the anti hunt brigade fashioned a true apathy to hunting amongst the poll. 

additionally the perverse use of stakeholders justifications should be remembered . Sold down the river like mugs , but in reality , what can the average lad with running dogs do ?? 

jobs f****d 

FE423B62-AAAE-49B6-A7F8-E755217949C7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's not a consultation. It's a done deal.

It's a queer old situation when  you potentially  criminalise decent people.

I think we'll all have to explain the new law to our dogs patiently and thoroughly.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 2

Interesting as far as I can see , only two dogs can be used for the use of flushing mammals to guns , surely this will impact the delivery of rough shooting days on estates ?  I’m not a million percent certain from memory but I’m sure deer can be shot with shotguns in Scotland . 

this seems to make this form of control impossible . 

4 minutes ago, saluki bouy said:

Falconary the feck they get away with that one fecking ridiculous some of the groups there should be supporting upholding traditions because theyll all be gone soon enough most of the grouse boys I know know the writings on the wall 

They aren’t bad , I’ve heard tales of lads carrying hooded “falcons “ with flushing dogs that were rather lean and long legged . By all accounts the police aren’t particularly keen to approach a baiting bop in event of it being too stressed ….

• Like 1
Just now, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Interesting as far as I can see , only two dogs can be used for the use of flushing mammals to guns , surely this will impact the delivery of rough shooting days on estates ?  I’m not a million percent certain from memory but I’m sure deer can be shot with shotguns in Scotland . 

No Stiff, rifle only.

10 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

. Sold down the river like mugs , but in reality , what can the average lad with running dogs do ?? 

jobs f****d 

FE423B62-AAAE-49B6-A7F8-E755217949C7.jpeg

that’s it in a nutshell. 
I’d say a decent percentage of dog lads would take action if they knew it had merit and were asked to get involved and how to go about it.
But the majority of us are woefully naive, uneducated and worse still totally uninterested in the politics and policy side of the sport which is what will be our downfall. 

where as the scum, credit where credit is due to them, have the tenacity to make a minority voice heard where it matters politically, amplified to sound like a majority. 

It’s a scary thought that we will have to explain to our kids in years to come that we gave away there right to freedoms in their own lands and god given right to hunt like generations before have done. 

sad times ahead. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Can use as many dogs as you like aslong as they don’t pack together and hunt is my understanding of it. 

11 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

that’s my understanding also. 

so at present will have a knock on affect for the likes of picking up and beating on shoots as well as gundog trials etc. 

Just now, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Yep , you can , no removal from bill in 2020 , you may still shoot deer with a shotgun above 12g 

You are right mate. Just checked. Shotguns permissible in certain situations.