Digital money/block chain/beast system

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

Personally I get pissed off if they don't accept card ! 

Theres places I shop that don't accept card so I have to make sure I have cash in my pocket or go to a cash machine.

I don't see how we could possibly go cashless though, what about the likes of car boot sales, etc ?

Cheers.

Eventually mobile phones will be all you need to quickly transfer currency. At that point cashless will be very possible.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dropped the daughter and a few friends swimming at the International Swimming pool in Cardiff few weeks back...got half way home,phone rings...Dad,they don't take cash and can't go in unless you book

If they won't take cash I won't shop

Getting rid of cash is never a problem, making cash is the hard part, least ways that's what I tell my kids, it doesn't grow on trees ??

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Do you run your life by laws mate , I don’t ,I do what I please within the boundaries of what I see as right .The hunting act never applied to me nor does any cashless retail .

Before you try telling me different try it and see what happens .Mention you feel omitted from society ?

the truth foxdropper the hunting act is irreleveant really its always been illegal for me daytime 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Eventually mobile phones will be all you need to quickly transfer currency. At that point cashless will be very possible.

I know people without smart phones or bank accounts.

What about old people who aren't on the 'net ?

My missus is internet savvy, but resolutely refuses to buy anything off the ' net, she simply doesn't trust it.

Of course, I've seen huge changes in the way things are paid for, the technology is expanding exponentially, just go in a shop and see people paying with their iPhones, etc, but i don't think I'll see a cashless society in my lifetime.

Cheers.

Just now, chartpolski said:

I know people without smart phones or bank accounts.

What about old people who aren't on the 'net ?

My missus is internet savvy, but resolutely refuses to buy anything off the ' net, she simply doesn't trust it.

Of course, I've seen huge changes in the way things are paid for, the technology is expanding exponentially, just go in a shop and see people paying with their iPhones, etc, but i don't think I'll see a cashless society in my lifetime.

Cheers.

I mean I’m not putting a date on it lol. I agree it’s probably not imminent. Not suggesting your death is imminent! Ha.

But the shift is visible and technology will provide the means for petty private transactions which cash currently does. How many generations until virtually everyone has a smart phone… the only thing realistically stopping it right now is acceptance. As the generations roll on the controversy will just not be understood because they will have known little different. I’m in my thirties and I very well remember cash being exclusive currency. Few generations and cash will be an archaic concept.

• Like 4
23 minutes ago, Francie said:

I'm not talking of cashless just for retail fd,I mean cash gone for good,switch to digital money

This shitty cash we are using the now which is worthless will be gone 

new cash backed by gold silver and precious metals will be switched soon 

keep your eye on the Brics countries ?

ask your bank managers around the country when there switching too the new system ??? 

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I mean I’m not putting a date on it lol. I agree it’s probably not imminent. Not suggesting your death is imminent! Ha.

But the shift is visible and technology will provide the means for petty private transactions which cash currently does. How many generations until virtually everyone has a smart phone… the only thing realistically stopping it right now is acceptance. As the generations roll on the controversy will just not be understood because they will have known little different. I’m in my thirties and I very well remember cash being exclusive currency. Few generations and cash will be an archaic concept.

Yes, I generally agree, cash will probably become an anachronism much like a red telephone box on a street corner, but I think there will allways be a place, however small, for cash.

You say you are in your 30's, so you will not have seen the huge changes us oldies have, and will probably be more accepting and amenable to the advances in technology.

A little story for you; in my early days in saudi, once a week I would drive into town, stand in a queue at the telephone exchange just to BOOK an overseas call for the next day. Then next day, I'd drive into town again, stand in a queue until my name was called, then have a one minute conversation on a terrible line, with my wife, and pay a small fortune for it !

Now my grandson in saudi can speak to me and SEE me in real time, for free, at the push of a button !

So, all this new technology may just be a little over awing for us old farts !

You'll just have to bare with us ??

Cheers.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Yes, I generally agree, cash will probably become an anachronism much like a red telephone box on a street corner, but I think there will allways be a place, however small, for cash.

You say you are in your 30's, so you will not have seen the huge changes us oldies have, and will probably be more accepting and amenable to the advances in technology.

A little story for you; in my early days in saudi, once a week I would drive into town, stand in a queue at the telephone exchange just to BOOK an overseas call for the next day. Then next day, I'd drive into town again, stand in a queue until my name was called, then have a one minute conversation on a terrible line, with my wife, and pay a small fortune for it !

Now my grandson in saudi can speak to me and SEE me in real time, for free, at the push of a button !

Cheers.

Hello, get thissen a Doro phone Chartles ,I've got the latest one ,we a camera

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

Kids now don’t understand that we couldn’t rewind and pause tv, or for that matter control it with a remote. I’m not even old and I’ve seen changes that the young generation would think I was lying about.

I’m just old enough to remember a time before internet and mobile phones were the norm. That’s how fast tech advances.

I would say within my lifetime cash will be history. The post millennial generations will demand it imo. But who knows in this crazy world.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

Drinks machines at work are contactless and are always f..king up , pain in the backside when you cant even get a cup of coffee ?

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Francie said:

What's the story with the blockchain,does anyone know any details,it's different from crypto I'm reading?

@Born HunterI think I can remember you talking about it?

Same idea, Bitcoin etc. was probably some scheme to lure people in to it/normalize it. Central bank digital currency seems the obvious next step, cash is only king as long as the bank/government day it is-otherwise it's paper with c**ts faces on it. (They seem to be fairly obviously running every currency into the ground)

I have always been a cash person. I own and run a small business in food retail and up until a year ago we was cash only. I had no choice but to take on card payments as the staff was losing sales as people would walk out saying Apple pay only ECT. Our cash sales have roughly halved, however sales have increased due. I was at the accountants last week and he was saying people generally spend more on card when it's just a tap and don't always check the price on items like they would if parting with hard earned cash. I do find this true. I am old school and always have cash on me and vary rarely take my cards anywere. But I can deffo see a cashless world coming. Wonder how all the crackheads will go on scoring lol 

• Like 5
12 hours ago, chartpolski said:

My daughter in laws boss, a Saudi, asked me about the old £50 notes, he had £150k of them, and the Saudi banks offered him a crap exchange rate, he was worried about trying to run them through a British bank, money laundering and all that.

I said I could help him out, I'd give him £75k for them.

He decided to go with the saudi bank..........???

Cheers.

DZkdHPDX0AAWt9x.jpg