BBC NI & hunting dogs.

Just now, Gypsydog94 said:

Catch and release will be hard to argue the case for I agree. Didn’t they recently get it agreed that it is vital for mental health? Mrs uncle is completely against hunting with dogs but a keen angler. Told him don’t cry to me when there pushing for a ban 

said the same thing when the ban first came in...they wouldn't stand with us... their time would come... the rivers are full of human shit...fishing has dropped off big time...they want to ban snares in Wales so folks can't go out for a few rabbits to eat...games f****d...wonder how long it will be before every type of shooting is banned too? the biggest bunch of wankers out of them all...I always hoped karma would catch up with that bunch...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the 1980s we lost badger digging in the U.K., not because it served no useful purpose, but  because of the irresponsible behaviour of a very small and unrepresentative minority of dog owners - I wo

I got into terrier work in the late 70's its been doom and gloom since, and there have always been knobheads in the game,i remember when people could first afford camcorders some right pricks filming

Be more fitter for them to do documentary on the 2 legged illegal animals invading there country or the perverts that run bbc 

2 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

said the same thing when the ban first came in...they wouldn't stand with us... their time would come... the rivers are full of human shit...fishing has dropped off big time...they want to ban snares in Wales so folks can't go out for a few rabbits to eat...games f****d...wonder how long it will be before every type of shooting is banned too? the biggest bunch of wankers out of them all...I always hoped karma would catch up with that bunch...

The shooting community are a strange bunch. The die hard countryman who grew up in the country shooting fishing etc are brilliant around me. Help me out give me the odd spot for terriers and a few slips. The incomers from the town who decide there a shooter are knobs who have no respect for any other fieldsports apart from there own they can get fucjed. Bird flu going to finish a lot of shoots around me. 

I got into terrier work in the late 70's its been doom and gloom since, and there have always been knobheads in the game,i remember when people could first afford camcorders some right pricks filming stuff that has no place in the hunting field, these days its no different,  this programme could of been far worst, with what people post on facebook and tik tock  ?

Terrier work is legal and when carried out responsible is the only humane way of controling a fox problem under ground 

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Like 16
  • Haha 1
18 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

He might be a clown I don’t know but what I do know is anybody that watches or belives the bbc is deffo a Fcuking clown 

Of course the media exaggerate matters, it’s what they do but they don’t force anyone to post videos of their terriers on game and covered in injuries. These individuals are an absolute god send to the media and the antis. 

• Like 6

The biggest impact this will have is lads losing permission, hard gained ground will be lost because of these fcukwits on social media, if lads are happy enough duckin and diving and looking over their shoulder every time they put a terrier to ground then fair play knock yourselves out, but it's not for me, half these social media twats would think nothing of fcuking off and leaving a terrier to ground if things got hot which is the biggest cnuts trick in the book in my opinion. 

Its just another sad day for terrierwork, even if you do it to the letter of the law which is virtually impossible to do anyway. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Barrie said:

In the 1980s we lost badger digging in the U.K., not because it served no useful purpose, but  because of the irresponsible behaviour of a very small and unrepresentative minority of dog owners - I wouldn’t insult myself or others by calling them “terriermen”. Their very public action, callous unthinking and completely unacceptable behaviour, created a public perception of terrier work which made it almost impossible to defend.

Northern Ireland has only recently fended off hostile legislation which sought to ban terrier work and in the main this was due to the efforts of the I.W.T.F. The Alliance Party have already indicated their intention to bring this same legislation back and at the earliest opportunity. This film will only have added fuel to that fire, as well as giving them the justification for doing so.

It’s far too simplistic to blame “uninformed politicians” and “do-gooders” for the difficulties we regularly face. The reality is that should we lose what few freedoms we still have left, it will be down to the actions of a few people such as these and no one else.

As regards parking up in a cemetery (a place where people go to pay their respects to their dead loved ones) simply in order to go for “a dig”. It says more about their character than I ever could, for once in my life I really am lost for words.

My advice to you all is to get behind the I.W.T.F. and give them all the support you possibly can, because you’re going to need them and not before long.

J.M.H.O. - Barrie

How can people get behind the I.w.t.f Barrie? My local f&m seems to have gone very quiet no show etc this year. 

2 hours ago, Gypsydog94 said:

How can people get behind the I.w.t.f Barrie? My local f&m seems to have gone very quiet no show etc this year. 

Hi Gypsy.... sorry about my use of abreviations and any confusion it may have caused.

The I.W.T.F is the Irish Working Terrier Federation, which covers Ireland (both North and South) were that program was made and there's no F&M over there.

Having sat in on a lot of their meetings and being in regular contact, I can say in all honesty that the I.W.T.F committee are a good bunch of committed, hard working and very capable lads. They're all practicing terriermen and do far more than anyone will ever appreciate.

J.M.H.O - Barrie

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, Barrie said:

Hi Gypsy.... sorry about my use of abreviations and any confusion it may have caused.

The I.W.T.F is the Irish Working Terrier Federation, which covers Ireland (both North and South) were that program was made and there's no F&M over there.

Having sat in on a lot of their meetings and being in regular contact, I can say in all honesty that the I.W.T.F committee are a good bunch of committed, hard working and very capable lads. They're all practicing terriermen and do far more than anyone will ever appreciate.

J.M.H.O - Barrie

I don’t think anything can be done to help the individual in the show, I was told by my young lad that the photos and videos shown on the program are only the tip of the iceberg. There is a lot worse posted of his terriers and his wheaten crosses.

16 minutes ago, Setenta said:

I don’t think anything can be done to help the individual in the show, I was told by my young lad that the photos and videos shown on the program are only the tip of the iceberg. There is a lot worse posted of his terriers and his wheaten crosses.

Your so s right,an American mate added me to it,...I left after 2 weeks,the stuff on it is pointless and savage,and conversing on their achievements..... nothing to do with genuine terrier work,the I.W.T.F.has achieved great success in their work for the sport and this tool will undo it all in no time ...

• Like 2

It’s not the end of the world.

no phones …. No pics… no FB.

farmers and keepers have a job to do

and it’s been the same situation for many a year.

I’ve said it before and been laughed at but an open forum is just that.

ATVB YIS …..T

• Like 1
On 06/10/2022 at 12:04, Barrie said:

In the 1980s we lost badger digging in the U.K., not because it served no useful purpose, but  because of the irresponsible behaviour of a very small and unrepresentative minority of dog owners - I wouldn’t insult myself or others by calling them “terriermen”. Their very public action, callous unthinking and completely unacceptable behaviour, created a public perception of terrier work which made it almost impossible to defend.

Northern Ireland has only recently fended off hostile legislation which sought to ban terrier work and in the main this was due to the efforts of the I.W.T.F. The Alliance Party have already indicated their intention to bring this same legislation back and at the earliest opportunity. This film will only have added fuel to that fire, as well as giving them the justification for doing so.

It’s far too simplistic to blame “uninformed politicians” and “do-gooders” for the difficulties we regularly face. The reality is that should we lose what few freedoms we still have left, it will be down to the actions of a few people such as these and no one else.

As regards parking up in a cemetery (a place where people go to pay their respects to their dead loved ones) simply in order to go for “a dig”. It says more about their character than I ever could, for once in my life I really am lost for words.

My advice to you all is to get behind the I.W.T.F. and give them all the support you possibly can, because you’re going to need them and not before long.

J.M.H.O. - Barrie

Good advice Barrie but within a fortnight  the public inNorthern Ireland have experienced bad publicity about terriers. This halfwit on Spotlight and another one who was convicted of cruelty. Both times the same breed has been mentioned. Spotlight referred to them as "golden wheaten terriers. The courts as a wheaten type terrier. Doesn't look good for terrier work as a result of both incidents. 

2 hours ago, skinthegoat said:

Good advice Barrie but within a fortnight  the public inNorthern Ireland have experienced bad publicity about terriers. This halfwit on Spotlight and another one who was convicted of cruelty. Both times the same breed has been mentioned. Spotlight referred to them as "golden wheaten terriers. The courts as a wheaten type terrier. Doesn't look good for terrier work as a result of both incidents. 

I did chuckle to myself when I heard them being called golden wheaten terriers. I was told that they are all crossed with Pits or Canario mastiffs. Why any genuine wheaten man would add mastiff blood to a wheaten is beyond me.

In my mind, the breeders are as much to blame as the individual in the show. If breeders spent a little more time finding genuine lads instead of lining their pockets these individuals wouldn’t be able to bring unnecessary attention to breeds they have no business owning.

• Like 8
40 minutes ago, Setenta said:

I did chuckle to myself when I heard them being called golden wheaten terriers. I was told that they are all crossed with Pits or Canario mastiffs. Why any genuine wheaten man would add mastiff blood to a wheaten is beyond me.

In my mind, the breeders are as much to blame as the individual in the show. If breeders spent a little more time finding genuine lads instead of lining their pockets these individuals wouldn’t be able to bring unnecessary attention to breeds they have no business 

Thats been the problem with black dogs for long time a few only in it to line there pockets. 

• Like 5