Collie Lurchers

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my collie cross 7 now done everything ive thrown at him over the seasons. His dam was same i mated her to her own nephew to line breed from a very good line of collie lurchers with grey collie n

Never really had one before. Dogs in the past have been a bit of a hotch potch. But I love the nature of this one at least. Bright as hell eager to please and it's not a battle. Just wants to please

I went against my beliefs and got a half x, she has done 9 seasons now without so much as a knock, she will be 10 this Xmas, iv gone down the kelpie route now, I’m made up with her so far, this being

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv admired that dog for years, even contemplated putting summat like him or him or over my ole wheaten lurcher, but never took a litter in end, hope he keeps doing what he does for ye ?

Thanks for kind words 

Had lurchers over 35 yrs and always been around collie types his line goes back even further than that. i was given his dam from a lad in Redcar after seeing his bitch work. I travelled up there with my what i thought half decen collie grey generation bred never got a look in. Anyway that little bitch pup turned into prob best ive owened . i mated her at 7 to her nephew and Elvis there is only pup to survive . so i kept him first time for me a dog pup generally always kept bitches . hes been a pleasure to rear train work and own .. just need to find a similar working type bitch thats been tested on not just ferreting or lamping .

good honest alrounder..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Old picture I’ve posted many a time not a half cross or 3/4 bred she’s a line bred bitch I had a good time with her made some good memories she could close large gaps on big open land an definitely run for her living she’d catch day or night her down fall was she could catch fox quickly but didn’t want to kill them rather just pin them in the dirt where she’s caught them I couldn’t get my head round how a big bitch of 26tts that could nock big gear over but didn’t want to get the job done on fox but always had a tone of enthusiasm to catch them like she meant business nowt as strange as a collie x there definitely marmite type of dogs but i still like them there relatively bomb proof an easy to live with an have a lot going for them

16D480ED-FB1E-44B0-B349-19C345CE296E.jpeg

• Like 11
16 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Anyone know the breeding on these dogs? 

Kelpie cross or collie?

moormans dogs....he used to be on here and moochers...line bred collie grey but theres odd other bits in i believe....breeze can tell you better

• Like 4
1 hour ago, TOMO said:

moormans dogs....he used to be on here and moochers...line bred collie grey but theres odd other bits in i believe....breeze can tell you better

Simon whiteheads bitch it's out off old Dan he was a three quarter collie greyhound and he put it over a three quarter greyhound x collie and that was one off the pups that was that bitch in the video think that's the way off it could be wrong 

On 14/10/2022 at 16:52, TOMO said:

Yes, the line contains a variety of different types,...and they are all the better for it..?

Hunted with the man, and his beautiful dog,...both top class  ..?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 5