Collie Lurchers

On 10/10/2022 at 20:40, terryd said:

So I can't tempt you with her brother then ? ? Your right about the merle mind every sod wants to pet her lol

Beautiful pup you got there, terryd.  All the best with her.  Looks a cracker.  ?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my collie cross 7 now done everything ive thrown at him over the seasons. His dam was same i mated her to her own nephew to line breed from a very good line of collie lurchers with grey collie n

Never really had one before. Dogs in the past have been a bit of a hotch potch. But I love the nature of this one at least. Bright as hell eager to please and it's not a battle. Just wants to please

I went against my beliefs and got a half x, she has done 9 seasons now without so much as a knock, she will be 10 this Xmas, iv gone down the kelpie route now, I’m made up with her so far, this being

Posted Images

On 07/10/2022 at 08:10, terryd said:

Yes I can see how they could be a pain. Mine has a high energy levels to say the least. It takes a lot to tire her even now. She is not a big fan of being in the run during the day but in fairness is relativity quiet. When I stop for grub I let her out and  we do some thing even ten minutes training and then shes ok until the evening big walk. She is in a crate in house at night. I made sure there was nothing on it for her to reach but kept finding stuff in there some how. One evening watching tv out corner of my eye I saw this dogs leg reaching around the corner. Must been extendable lol was about 7 feet long ?  Twigged then she was like bloody cat hooking things in. The good points far out weigh the bad so far. Easy to train and lovely nature. One thing that stands out is she listens under distraction. Down the beach other day she took off to see some folks and there dog. One whistle brakes on flew back. A bomb could go off and she would still do as I ask at least for the moment. Once she gets used to the gun next year then it opens whole new world and I won't be going any where with out her

IMG_9926.JPG.b6e6adab9f6441a2f510eb304f77b43b.JPG

This fella still looking for a home pet or working don't matter as long as its a good permanent home

088303E3-31B6-4C1F-A8F0-218EC956DD9C.jpeg.842a2cc8b4b600a582faaeb07d5dcaae.jpeg

Gun, shotgun or air rifle?

Found my own lurchers very good at retrieving what I shot with air rifles.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Beautiful pup you got there, terryd.  All the best with her.  Looks a cracker.  ?

Thank you she sure is. Going through a whirling dervish phase now and just goes mental when we out lol. little fruit cake ?

E0A21AEF-F423-4348-BB54-67DE5B44D0AF.jpeg.719df228fa3e2f1289d09d821b8aa3d3.jpeg

7212CF07-053B-4301-86EC-2AAC061B6EA8.jpeg.ef3f41e162a35d5acaeae1a0d66b36a5.jpeg

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Gun, shotgun or air rifle?

Found my own lurchers very good at retrieving what I shot with air rifles.

I got both so will start with air rifle. Then I have a 20G hushpower and then we can go to the 12G  

Shot few ducks in some reedy fields and they are buggers for sneaking off when clipped 

Edited by terryd
  • Like 1
On 11/10/2022 at 20:54, terryd said:

I got both so will start with air rifle. Then I have a 20G hushpower and then we can go to the 12G  

Shot few ducks in some reedy fields and they are buggers for sneaking off when clipped 

Get them Ducks brother....?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 6
6 minutes ago, terryd said:

Apart from being blue merle, she looks VERY similar to a red merle 1st cross collie/greyhound I bought in 1988, local farm border collie cross greyhound, not hancocks.

Good luck with her.  You get it right, they are right up there, in my opinion.  ?

Just now, shaaark said:

Apart from being blue merle, she looks VERY similar to a red merle 1st cross collie/greyhound I bought in 1988, local farm border collie cross greyhound, not hancocks.

Good luck with her.  You get it right, they are right up there, in my opinion.  ?

They chase cars tho

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Fingers crossed mate

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Black neck said:

They chase cars tho

Haha yea I noticed in first week or two there was the potential lol but I have averted it. No car chasing to be had lol.  She might try drive them though ?

Edited by terryd
  • Like 1
50 minutes ago, terryd said:

Haha yea I noticed in first week or two there was the potential lol but I have averted it. No car chasing to be had lol.  She might try drive them though ?

Im told you have 2 start them wi.another dog then show them an early season fiat uno 

• Like 1

This was a lovely wee bitch "Fern" cracking wee all rounder and loved a night on the pheasants, was retired due to a serious kick to the kidney from an Aberdeen Angus bullock while retrieving a hare causing internal bled

20180718_155340.jpg

• Like 17