Let’s see the pups that are going to be starting next season

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This loony. Not a nasty bone in her so I might have to gently guide toward what we are after but what a bloody treat   

I like a challenge lol, just fancied trying something different and see what I can make of it, I’m not really after a world beater anymore just something I can have the odd run with here and there on

Let’s see the pups that are going to be starting next season This is my bitch 6 months Reece and pie line wheaton bull grey 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Yea but how many are brought up from pups out in the fields learning field craft, about fences going under or over gates going through cover and start running there quarry from a young age, I guess most most people get failed racers at 2 year old or older and then start taking them out that’s why the get injured running into fences ect, most haven’t been left to free run out on the fields before and haven’t  learn there trade from a young age, was the one you had an ex racer or you have it from a pup ? 

a friend of mine had one as pup years ago ,at the same time I had deerhound x greyhound ,collie x greyhound mix.we took them out together over the coming year ,mine progressed well,hunting up,cover etc,then catching .the greyhound showed no interest in anything really ,never ranging very far or using its nose.this is my only experience of greyhounds others may fare differently .

1 minute ago, fred90 said:

a friend of mine had one as pup years ago ,at the same time I had deerhound x greyhound ,collie x greyhound mix.we took them out together over the coming year ,mine progressed well,hunting up,cover etc,then catching .the greyhound showed no interest in anything really ,never ranging very far or using its nose.this is my only experience of greyhounds others may fare differently .

Thanks for the vote of confidence ? I don’t really want them ranging to far I’ve had enough of that with ignorant saluki crosses over the years, from what I’ve seen from these pups so far they seem a lot more intelligent than what I’ve heard people say about greyhounds over the years but time will tell, all I can do is try and give them the best start 

• Like 6
35 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Thanks for the vote of confidence ? I don’t really want them ranging to far I’ve had enough of that with ignorant saluki crosses over the years, from what I’ve seen from these pups so far they seem a lot more intelligent than what I’ve heard people say about greyhounds over the years but time will tell, all I can do is try and give them the best start 

If the don't run off and eat the quarry your on 2 a winner

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Yea but how many are brought up from pups out in the fields learning field craft, about fences going under or over gates going through cover and start running there quarry from a young age, I guess most most people get failed racers at 2 year old or older and then start taking them out that’s why the get injured running into fences ect, most haven’t been left to free run out on the fields before and haven’t  learn there trade from a young age, was the one you had an ex racer or you have it from a pup ? 

The bitch didn't make the grade for racing it didn't even qualify fs we took her for hunting and it took to it like a Duck to water brilliant bitch she was just made for the field il put.a picture up of her daughter 

Just now, Ferretman65 said:

The bitch didn't make the grade for racing it didn't even qualify fs we took her for hunting and it took to it like a Duck to water brilliant bitch she was just made for the field il put.a picture up of her daughter 

20200205_104224.jpg

• Like 1
5 hours ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

? you think you will have them running like a lurcher fens 

ive seen a few as been said muller fox before they get injured 

i know few old boys before saluki blood they had big strong greys they would bet on turns etc like gl does now ? kill very few had lurchers for the bunny’s 

you get a few seasons out of them you will have arms like pop eye from all the carrying them back to the motor ?