Pat Manning the well known Working Wheaten terrier man has died

Rip pat,met him on a few jobs over the years ,he worked with the electricity board,....very few left of that ilk...Blondie paddy is still  over ground too but his health has diminished greatly I've been told 

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 4
21 hours ago, jigsaw said:

Rip pat,met him on a few jobs over the years ,he worked with the electricity board,....very few left of that ilk...Blondie paddy is still  over ground too but his health has diminished greatly I've been told 

the greatest dog man of them all is still alive and well in southern ireland,.carlovion would know who i am talking about.

• Like 2
Just now, stonewall said:

the greatest dog man of them all is still alive and well in southern ireland,.carlovion would know who i am talking about.

There's only one other I can think of and he's down the road from me,..….

I had the pleasure of hunting with Pat for a few seasons when I was a young lad. I have many happy memories of those days.

He's line of wheaten were as fine an animal that you would see, big strong dogs and bitches, that were made for the job. One was as impresive as the other.

As Jigsaw said there's mot many of his kind left, he kept and bred he's wheatens for one reason only.

May he rest in peace.

• Like 13
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, stonewall said:

here is a part of working dog history,A cup that was won a few times by the said man. 

20221028_144619.jpg

20221028_144619.jpg

I'm not saying whoever your talking about isn't a great dog man..but a pretty big bold statement to make if I'm honest... Ireland has many a great dog man...but... also depends who's telling you their great...been out with quite a few who were well known in the trial days and quite a few from books... and wasn't very impressed. 

1 hour ago, stop.end said:

I'm not saying whoever your talking about isn't a great dog man..but a pretty big bold statement to make if I'm honest... Ireland has many a great dog man...but... also depends who's telling you their great...been out with quite a few who were well known in the trial days and quite a few from books... and wasn't very impressed. 

Be the same wherever you go. The man’s dead so don’t worry about it? 

• Like 3