Air Shotgun?

Cooke123

Was talking to my mate earlier and he said a relative of his has an air shotgun in sub 12ftlbs. This caught my interest as I've never heard of one. Did some googling and could find reviews of the Viper by Gamo but there's nothing for sale or much info. Does anyone know why they aren't for sale? Got a feeling it's either a legal thing or just because they were no good.

1 hour ago, Cooke123 said:

Was talking to my mate earlier and he said a relative of his has an air shotgun in sub 12ftlbs. This caught my interest as I've never heard of one. Did some googling and could find reviews of the Viper by Gamo but there's nothing for sale or much info. Does anyone know why they aren't for sale? Got a feeling it's either a legal thing or just because they were no good.

Have a look on Andy's air gun reviews on you tube Shure he tested one or one like it 

Spoke to my mate and he said they are rare. They didn't make a lot, guessing there's good reason for that. Whether or not this is due to them not being good guns or how easily you can get shotgun certificate I don't know but I'd like to try one out regardless.

I have a Sharp Ace, picked it up a few months ago and on trying it found that is has a bigger than .22 but not quite a .25 bore. local retired gunsmith recons that thy were altered in small numbers to fire shot 'canisters'. This may or may not be true as I'd not heard of it but seem to remember .22 rimfire shot shells.

Not certain but I think they were used in Austrailia on very close vermin but not aware you could buy one in the UK. The range was very limited and less use than a 3 bore garden gun which are cheap to buy (about £50-80) and cartridges are still available but few and far between.

Phil