59 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Yeah, sorry for daring to question your gangs narrative from a position of a little experience. :laugh:

You're no welding expert you say. Pipelines commonly have welding defects. In fact one of the deliverables of pigging is weld inspection and repair.

You found electrical cables did you. Lol, well done.

Lol... Jesus I know your smart at certain things born but a light bit of humour seems to go over your head...?

Lol finding electricity lines buried is very easy and to be honest a monkey could do it. But ask anyone who does it... and they will go on like it's some kind of top complicated job... to sound interesting or cool or justify shite wages for acting important....example.. I years ago grew up and knew a lad just like you...sorry I don't know you but I mean what some people would say is intelligent  well schooled loads of exams.. anyways..book smart we shall say... so hadn't seen him in about 8 years..ran into him the other day I say..How's things everything good you working.. he says yea I'm a petroleum technician... straight away  I'm like nice one you married .. he answered yes two kids blah blah ... ended up the man puts petrol in your car when you pull up into a forecourt. 

So finding a pipeline which has been given consent to your employer to put it in with GPS co ordination seems important to you with long winded shite about finding a pipeline 2 meters underground..  D.C does this shit every day putting in sewerage systems because they have been GIVEN planning permission....again going back to shouting  about welding defects and borr now chipping in....and about shote labour and quality control with hiring shit welders or inspectors  or whatever... knowing what some people have been exposed of over the last 5 years... do I really think its a sabotage ???

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm looking forward to the rewind.... got myself a stealth chainsaw for my logs,wood stoves been ordered,get that fitted ready for when the temp drops,will be out mooching for hedgerow mutton and what

He's correct about that

Stop.end has been drying T bags on the washing line the last 9 months.. Here's a pic of him in Belfast spreading the word..

Posted Images

1 minute ago, stop.end said:

Lol... Jesus I know your smart at certain things born but a light bit of humour seems to go over your head...?

Lol finding electricity lines buried is very easy and to be honest a monkey could do it. But ask anyone who does it... and they will go on like it's some kind of top complicated job... to sound interesting or cool or justify shite wages for acting important....example.. I years ago grew up and knew a lad just like you...sorry I don't know you but I mean what some people would say is intelligent  well schooled loads of exams.. anyways..book smart we shall say... so hadn't seen him in about 8 years..ran into him the other day I say..How's things everything good you working.. he says yea I'm a petroleum technician... straight away  I'm like nice one you married .. he answered yes two kids blah blah ... ended up the man puts petrol in your car when you pull up into a forecourt. 

So finding a pipeline which has been given consent to your employer to put it in with GPS co ordination seems important to you with long winded shite about finding a pipeline 2 meters underground..  D.C does this shit every day putting in sewerage systems because they have been GIVEN planning permission....again going back to shouting  about welding defects and borr now chipping in....and about shote labour and quality control with hiring shit welders or inspectors  or whatever... knowing what some people have been exposed of over the last 5 years... do I really think its a sabotage ???

Genuinely don't get what your point is. Do you think I work at a petrol station? LOL

Finding pipeline in a f***ing field isn't hard, lol, like I said, I have done it. Subsea introduces challenges. None of which are insurmountable, especially in shallow waters.

2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

You're no welding expert you say. Pipelines commonly have welding defects. In fact one of the deliverables of pigging is weld inspection and repair.

Think given the age of the pipeline, and modern welding technology and weld quality inspection , that there’s very little likelihood of a rogue weld defect being the culprit of an ‘accidental’ failure. Bit of footage of fabrication and testing on the lay barge here:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

This has been in defence commentary for some time now.

Are we going for new starlink  internet what’s the chat amongst the academic  intelligent  people mate ?? 

37 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

Think given the age of the pipeline, and modern welding technology and weld quality inspection , that there’s very little likelihood of a rogue weld defect being the culprit of an ‘accidental’ failure. Bit of footage of fabrication and testing on the lay barge here:

In this instance, I agree. The evidence is stacking up to sabotage. My post you have quoted was simply pointing out that weld defects are common.

If a pipeline exploded, new or old, and there was no reason to suspect sabotage or accident, then welds would be high on the list of potential causes.

39 minutes ago, scotty12 said:

Are we going for new starlink  internet what’s the chat amongst the academic  intelligent  people mate ?? 

No one I know cares about it. They’re more interested in crypto. Personally I couldn’t care less. If nothing it’s a shame to clutter the night sky.

It does however change the conversation around anti satellite weapons. Such a dense satellite constellation providing comms infrastructure basically leaves this generation of anti satellite weapons inert.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

In this instance, I agree. The evidence is stacking up to sabotage. My post you have quoted was simply pointing out that weld defects are common.

If a pipeline exploded, new or old, and there was no reason to suspect sabotage or accident, then welds would be high on the list of potential causes.

Wasn’t trying to dig you out, I maybe should have read more of the thread before jumping in. And I agree that ‘original sin’ weld defects would be a potential cause.., just maybe not as ‘common’ on a new pipeline. Although just how common might be determined by the quality control, as operator skill/human error is still a factor. 
Just as an aside to the topic, and talking about weld quality on pipelines, I came across this old documentary on the construction of the trans-Alaskan pipeline. I found it a fascinating watch, and there’s a bit about how the quality control of butt welds went horribly wrong. The numbers and the re work involved are fcuking eye watering.., and I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a few inspectors buried underneath it ? Anyway, in case you’re interested I’ve posted the vid, the bit about welding starts at about 39 minutes in.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

No one I know cares about it. They’re more interested in crypto. Personally I couldn’t care less. If nothing it’s a shame to clutter the night sky.

It does however change the conversation around anti satellite weapons. Such a dense satellite constellation providing comms infrastructure basically leaves this generation of anti satellite weapons inert.

Hopefully there smart enough to have invested in the right Crypto as many are about to crash and be worthless  ?

we shall have to wait and see what starlink brings I think it could be for the better ?

Edited by scotty12
  • Like 1
36 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

Wasn’t trying to dig you out, I maybe should have read more of the thread before jumping in. And I agree that ‘original sin’ weld defects would be a potential cause.., just maybe not as ‘common’ on a new pipeline. Although just how common might be determined by the quality control, as operator skill/human error is still a factor. 

Totally agree.

10 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

This has been in defence commentary for some time now.

That is the threat. A Russian ship equipped for such a task went off GPS a few months ago in the Atlantic in the area of one of the cables.

Great news that’s most modern types survival plans ruined when they can’t hit up the McDonald’s app or just eat they’ll simply moan on Facebook as they slowly starve to death come on Russia gas and internet good work ??

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 1