• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm looking forward to the rewind.... got myself a stealth chainsaw for my logs,wood stoves been ordered,get that fitted ready for when the temp drops,will be out mooching for hedgerow mutton and what

He's correct about that

Stop.end has been drying T bags on the washing line the last 9 months.. Here's a pic of him in Belfast spreading the word..

Posted Images

Just now, Born Hunter said:

I found that generally Western operators (National Grid, GRT, Chevron Midstream etc) had high a high calibre of technical staff and were hard to mug off. Chinese, Asian, and the smaller Middle Eastern operators (not the likes of aramco), could be sold snake oil and would take a back hander for an inspection contract. That’s not to say Western standards eliminated faults, but they’d spend a fortune dealing with them and wouldn’t tolerate bullshit.

To digress, my father was a radiographer in Saudi in the seventies and although he learnt his trade in a pub over three nights off an old boy, and took advantage of Saudi oil boom , he had the ability to run men and not be intimidated by anyone, which is a very good attribute to have when shutting down millions in productivity or dealing with hardened contractors, he wished in hindsight he'd stuck with Aramco who offered him a top end job , but such is life, he halted a barge operation for the wrong degree prep on pipe and he went at heights to shut down a job that wasn't preheated , he had balls . I'm currently crawling under pipes this last week , in mud and slop , it's local but not sure of the longevity at the moment....

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

He genuinely thought if you don’t vote that you vote automatically goes to the election winners. I could go on. Lol.

I’m not threatened by such genius.

i thought your vote went to the ones already in power born ? 

you learn something new everyday unless your simple ? 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

He genuinely thought if you don’t vote that you vote automatically goes to the election winners. I could go on. Lol.

I’m not threatened by such genius.

Not a bad shout, would give a concise winner every time ??

4 minutes ago, Borr said:

To digress, my father was a radiographer in Saudi in the seventies and although he learnt his trade in a pub over three nights off an old boy, and took advantage of Saudi oil boom , he had the ability to run men and not be intimidated by anyone, which is a very good attribute to have when shutting down millions in productivity or dealing with hardened contractors, he wished in hindsight he'd stuck with Aramco who offered him a top end job , but such is life, he halted a barge operation for the wrong degree prep on pipe and he went at heights to shut down a job that wasn't preheated , he had balls . I'm currently crawling under pipes this last week , in mud and slop , it's local but not sure of the longevity at the moment....

Yeah, Aramco is the big leagues. When I was in upstream, Aramco meetings used to get people twitchy. They knew they had the biggest dick and could swing it about just because.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

I wish I’d never said it now. Just awaiting “??? you think you have a vote!”.

Yeah don't be a mug , accept your fate , this is the real world you're all daft etc. Unfortunately occasionally they're right lol, I don't care to listen unless it's said by someone who never says it....

• Haha 1
Just now, Born Hunter said:

Yeah, Aramco is the big leagues. When I was in upstream, Aramco meetings used to get people twitchy. They knew they had the biggest dick and could swing it about just because.

I digress again, but all employees were given a booklet called blue flame , a tutorial on making moonshine, and as my father was early over he was on the American camp and had a giant pickup, so collected all their sugar. Obviously the fact that someone sold liquor to a prince and he killed the Oldman , that was the beginning on the Muslim ban I believe. But a colleague of his got locked up for selling to an Arab and did two years and sued Aramco for a few mill I believe. The US wives would stay home watching the moonshine , men folk would return to play poker and drink it. Many women were alcoholic, it wasn't always rose tinted . Another fella made a lot getting rolexs encrusted in jewels and selling back in the states. Another lost an eye rushing a radiology job , many went home with nothing, another went home bought a cafe , gave someone a smoking hot jam doughnut and got sued for burns lost the lot , lots of stories , most couldn't hack being away from home. Definitely a time of opportunity 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Borr said:

I digress again, but all employees were given a booklet called blue flame , a tutorial on making moonshine, and as my father was early over he was on the American camp and had a giant pickup, so collected all their sugar. Obviously the fact that someone sold liquor to a prince and he killed the Oldman , that was the beginning on the Muslim ban I believe. But a colleague of his got locked up for selling to an Arab and did two years and sued Aramco for a few mill I believe. The US wives would stay home watching the moonshine , men folk would return to play poker and drink it. Many women were alcoholic, it wasn't always rose tinted . Another fella made a lot getting rolexs encrusted in jewels and selling back in the states. Another lost an eye rushing a radiology job , many went home with nothing, another went home bought a cafe , gave someone a smoking hot jam doughnut and got sued for burns lost the lot , lots of stories , most couldn't hack being away from home. Definitely a time of opportunity 

I was there from '78 to '04. I remember Aramco giving out the blue flame booklet because people were building jerry built stills to make "sidiqui" and blowing up their houses.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I was there from '78 to '04. I remember Aramco giving out the blue flame booklet because people were building jerry built stills to make "sidiqui" and blowing up their houses.

Cheers.

The oldman married my mother and went out for three years the following day, brave fellas back then, I know he came back 76' hoping for green and pleasant and found dry and desolate, heat wave and hose pipe bans

1 hour ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Their telling us in plain English what their plans are but the masses are still scratching their heads wondering who's behind it???

>Lots of info dropping ..as U.S. Military caught over the Nord Stream _ Sabotage Explosions

_Moscow insists on a probe into the circumstances of "unprecedented attacks" on Russian Nord Stream and Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline, the Russian embassy to the United States said on Wednesday.

"We note the attempts by some U.S. legislators to put blame on Russia for the incidents that occurred on Nord Stream 1 and Nord Stream 2 gas pipelines," it said. "Perhaps, they have a better view from the top of Capitol Hill. But if that is the case, they must also have seen the U.S. warships’ activities at the very site of the Russian infrastructure disruption just the day before. Or noticed drones and helicopters fly over there. Or observed U.S. Navy exercises with underwater explosives that have been conducted in the same area some time ago. Finally, they should have recalled the promises made by President Biden to "bring an end" to the Nord Stream 2 project."

"What is obvious to us is that those who ponder about the incident seem to forget to ask the main question: who benefits from the pipelines’ rupture? The answer is on the surface. The decades-long energy trade between Moscow and Europe has long turned into an eyesore for Washington strategists. Unable to offer a decent alternative to reliable and, no less importantly, cheap supplies of gas, the U.S. decided to "squeeze out" Russia as a competitor using non-market methods and sanctions," the embassy noted. "Washington is trying hard to get its allies hooked on an expensive and environmentally unfriendly "LNG needle".

"For our part, we insist on the need for a comprehensive and objective examination of the circumstances of the unprecedented attacks on Russian pipelines. To discuss this issue, the Russian Federation will convene an extraordinary meeting of the UN Security Council,"

8 minutes ago, Borr said:

The oldman married my mother and went out for three years the following day, brave fellas back then, I know he came back 76' hoping for green and pleasant and found dry and desolate, heat wave and hose pipe bans

I went out on a two year contract, not long been married and had first kid.

Finished that contact and got head hunted for a very lucrative six month contract that lasted four years ?, then got offered a position with the airline and did 20 years with them until I retired. Never regretted a moment, but I did have my family with me, and my late son married a saudi lady and my grandson lives in Saudi, me and the missus visit regularly, It's changed beyond recognition since I first went in the70's.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 2