Does anyone work or breed malinos type lurchers

Does anyone work or breed the malinois whippet lurcher type dogs any thoughts on this breed . Guy local to me has 2 pure dogs and like the look of them as they are steady racey type but also make good guard dogs any thoughts or opinions on this breed as a working lurcher etc good or bad .

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Better one of my bros dog 

treat yourself to one shaark you can start a thread my very first lurcher ? ? 

Good job I wouldn’t business wi him if he were from Coalville if I were u  They eat there young 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, gasaxeman said:

Does anyone work or breed the malinois whippet lurcher type dogs any thoughts on this breed . Guy local to me has 2 pure dogs and like the look of them as they are steady racey type but also make good guard dogs any thoughts or opinions on this breed as a working lurcher etc good or bad .

There's a fella on this site, sure he said his brother has a 1st cross whippet/malinois.

Remember a pic of it on top of a bale of straw/hay.

Forget the name of the thread now.

German shepherd first x, thread, vfr400boy ?

Edited by shaaark
56 minutes ago, gasaxeman said:

Was thinking more whippet cross as its all bunny or bird to be honest with heavy cover bramble etc and lamping .

The one I was telling you about is a 1st cross whippet/malinois, even though it's on the German shepherd cross thread.  ?

I like the sound of Mali x greyhound that would be a cross Id of loved to have tried just to be different for all rounder use but to be honest I don’t think they’d offer anything different than any normal lurcher bred for all rounder use 

From what information I have gleaned they may even when crossed to a non ped or whippet throw a bit to tall for the type of daytime I go . The vast majority of ground is bramble or reclaimed pit spoil that's had years to settle down .also a lot of small paddocks fringed with hawthorn bramble and a mixture of both . So in reality I would prefer a fast off the mark dog good coat nose and one that doesn't mind plowing in were it's thorny or brambles nettles etc . Plus do a bit of lamping ferreting etc . It seems that I have answered my own question on the subject plus when looking further into it they can throw to a size a lot larger than I require . The bitch I saw was only around 24 so that's what got me thinking but malinois can and usually grow a lot bigger . Problem is there isn't many small type hard whippet type lurchers about these days were as when I was younger there seemed plenty to view .

22 minutes ago, gasaxeman said:

From what information I have gleaned they may even when crossed to a non ped or whippet throw a bit to tall for the type of daytime I go . The vast majority of ground is bramble or reclaimed pit spoil that's had years to settle down .also a lot of small paddocks fringed with hawthorn bramble and a mixture of both . So in reality I would prefer a fast off the mark dog good coat nose and one that doesn't mind plowing in were it's thorny or brambles nettles etc . Plus do a bit of lamping ferreting etc . It seems that I have answered my own question on the subject plus when looking further into it they can throw to a size a lot larger than I require . The bitch I saw was only around 24 so that's what got me thinking but malinois can and usually grow a lot bigger . Problem is there isn't many small type hard whippet type lurchers about these days were as when I was younger there seemed plenty to view .

Most purebred whippet bitches are around the 20" tts mark.

Not sure about malinois, but know they're a bit smaller than Gsd's, bitches 22-23"?

Wouldn't have thought a 1st cross whippet/malinois would be much more than 21"-22"for a bitch, and maybe an inch or two bigger for a dog.

Purely conjecture, as I've never seen one in real life lol. ?

10 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Most purebred whippet bitches are around the 20" tts mark.

Not sure about malinois, but know they're a bit smaller than Gsd's, bitches 22-23"?

Wouldn't have thought a 1st cross whippet/malinois would be much more than 21"-22"for a bitch, and maybe an inch or two bigger for a dog.

Purely conjecture, as I've never seen one in real life lol. ?

• Haha 5
Just now, mC HULL said:

?????

Oh dear, Magoo, your humour is side splitting, NOT.

I see fury has pulled out of the joshua fight, AGAIN. 

Keep telling you, fury WILL NEVER FIGHT JOSHUA.

Now, run along, there's a good little boy.  ?

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, shaaark said:

?????

Oh dear, Magoo, your humour is side splitting, NOT.

I see fury has pulled out of the joshua fight, AGAIN. 

Keep telling you, fury WILL NEVER FIGHT JOSHUA.

Now, run along, there's a good little boy.  ?

? there’s more chance a you getting a my first lurcher then there is a joshua getting his hands on a wbc or ring belt ? 

6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

? there’s more chance a you getting a my first lurcher then there is a joshua getting his hands on a wbc or ring belt ? 

? There's no need to answer this, as it's a rhetorical question, but, are you completely devoid of any sense?! ?

I told you, and this whole site, I've put my plans on getting another lurcher on hold for a few years, maybe never again, due to my current situation, and the way everything to do with working dogs is unfolding.

Not too difficult to understand, is it?

?????

Edited by shaaark