• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stove went on yesterday so the kettle will be on until March, electric kettle will be going away for the winter in the next week or two ?

Saw this on Facebook    Can anyone help me ,terrible condensation in the kitchen ,if you can help please pop round ,the kettles always on .

All makes perfect sense mate... Who wouldn't "just put the kettle on" if their not "actively drinking tea"... I mean, when we're hacking the f**k out of the hedge to watch chickens, scouring

Posted Images

Yeah. I really do just feel that could take something out of my way of being though.

I'm quite ridiculously a creature of habit. I have my little rituals that keep my shit together. It's almost like I function to a clockwork of my own making. Anything out of place and I lose it.

That simple process of chucking a mug of water into a kettle is important to me. Pressing a button, having earlier filled some tank, would be alien. I don't like alien.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Sort of related...... I'm on an energy saving crusade at the moment, so, instead of boiling the kettle 10-15 times a day, I've bought one of those 3 litre air pump vacuum flasks.

Fill it in the morning, lasts all day, plenty hot enough for coffee until bedtime ?

Cheers.

Am kinda on the same thing , but at my business premises. Fookin staff drink brews every 5 minutes. Just got my electric bill, was paying £7000 a year and new bill is £30,000 !! I mean what the fcuk,  I no the government is stepping in to help but that's ludicrous.  Anyway I actually did think of that idea with a flask. Staff thought I'd lost the plot lol when I suggested it lol 

5 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

First attempt, not sure how long it will take 

PXL_20220926_204059470.MP.jpg

Right camping kettle is coming out the garage and am lighting the log burner tonight and trying that. I wonder if them cast iron kettles are any better ? Got a cast iron frying pan I use in the house and camping , it's seasoned to fook and don't stick and cooks meat lovely on gas or a open fire. 

• Like 1

I know we shouldn't have to, these days, and it won't be everyone's cup of tea, (pardon the pun), but I quite like the idea of going back to basics.

Getting by without the "luxuries" of life. Cooking and boiling a kettle on an open fire, I already catch and produce a lot of the food I eat. If the council would allow it, I'd have a goat on the allotment for milk, couple of pigs to fatten.

I've just got my television tax demand, so I'm in the mood to do without the TV ?

It all sounds a bit like going back to the 50's, and I'm not looking back thru' rose tinted glasses, I've been there, and as I said, we shouldn't have to......but there's definitely a lot more "belt tightening " to come ?

Cheers.

• Like 2