• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stove went on yesterday so the kettle will be on until March, electric kettle will be going away for the winter in the next week or two ?

Saw this on Facebook    Can anyone help me ,terrible condensation in the kitchen ,if you can help please pop round ,the kettles always on .

All makes perfect sense mate... Who wouldn't "just put the kettle on" if their not "actively drinking tea"... I mean, when we're hacking the f**k out of the hedge to watch chickens, scouring

Posted Images

@chartpolski Charts; I know those flasks well! Had one, in a past life ;)

Trouble with me, mate? If I'm not actively drinking tea? I'm putting the kettle on. This is abnormal, apparently? I'm fukking 'abnormal' then. Because I do it. Done it for as long as I really remember.

And @dytkos; No danger of me ever getting it near the tap, mate. I habitually fill my mug. Take That to the kettle. Economic sense, not to boil a pint of water for a mug full. But, more importantly? Less time to wait while it gets hot :good:

Probably be the last kettle I ever fukking need. Might as well make it a fun one. Hate to spend my last days staring at a black kettle. Thinking; " I'd like to See what's going on in there. "  :laugh:

1 minute ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Trouble with me, mate? If I'm not actively drinking tea? I'm putting the kettle on. This is abnormal, apparently? I'm fukking 'abnormal' then. Because I do it. Done it for as long as I really remember.

And @dytkos; No danger of me ever getting it near the tap, mate. I habitually fill my mug. Take That to the kettle. Economic sense, not to boil a pint of water for a mug full. But, more importantly? Less time to wait while it gets hot :good:

Probably be the last kettle I ever fukking need. Might as well make it a fun one. Hate to spend my last days staring at a black kettle. Thinking; " I'd like to See what's going on in there. "  :laugh:

All makes perfect sense mate...

Who wouldn't "just put the kettle on" if their not "actively drinking tea"...

I mean, when we're hacking the f**k out of the hedge to watch chickens, scouring the Internet for the right "africa pic" to keep a frog happy....oh and musing over chick peas... why wouldn't we want to watch water boil...lol

Love it mate..?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Good kettles these KD it only boils a mug full at a time..maybe 30 seconds from pressing the button to the mug full..nice and fast and no picking the whole kettle up to pour any more..

We've had 1 for about a year or more.and still going strong..

1794158557_Screenshot_20220926-160358_AmazonShopping.jpg.de257be8d523be52e54c102636aee6f5.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Sort of related...... I'm on an energy saving crusade at the moment, so, instead of boiling the kettle 10-15 times a day, I've bought one of those 3 litre air pump vacuum flasks.

Fill it in the morning, lasts all day, plenty hot enough for coffee until bedtime ?

Cheers.

Youd have been better to just stick a magnet onto your metre lol

Just now, chartpolski said:

Smart meter, mate....out of my control ?

Cheers.

Watch getting stuff like that, apparently in california they have all that kind of stuff in and when during hot spells theyre not allowed to put AC on and if too many do the electric company can reduce the power in your house. 

22 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

First seen them air pump vacuum flasks almost 50 years ago in the Middle East. The Bedouin loved them for their qawa and chai ?

Cheers.

6 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Watch getting stuff like that, apparently in california they have all that kind of stuff in and when during hot spells theyre not allowed to put AC on and if too many do the electric company can reduce the power in your house. 

And they can cut off supply to an analog meter just as simply. We are where we are mate, those with the power, control the power, sadly.......?

Cheers.

17 minutes ago, king said:

Good kettles these KD it only boils a mug full at a time..maybe 30 seconds

We've had 1 for about a year or more.and still going strong..

:hmm: Certainly gave me pause for thought there, mate. Yeppers.

Dunno though. Apart from the fact that the Price scared the shit out of me ~ three times my kettle?! ~ I guess I'm a bit of a stick in the mud too:

It's just got too many parts, for my liking. I know ye've had yours for a year now. I must've had that cheap little kettle a decade or more. ?

No. I take a sort of comfort from my little rituals. I Like the sameness of my life. See through kettle seems like fun. But, it's still a kettle. What I'm used to.

• Like 1

Any modern kettle with a decent rating will pay for itself, the one king describes is ideal for single cup tea makers, I'd never rely on a flask for tea , maybe coffee but tea needs boiling water for me to enjoy it. Filling just enough is key , we've got one that does all different settings and temps which is absolutely useless as we only boil with it , but it's well insulated and holds heat . Mate had one that made dolphin noises at a loud volume, they had it years , I can't fathom some people's thought process, it drove me nuts listening to it twice.... It's a brew at the end of the day , can't believe I've even replied to this topic ? 

• Haha 1