Kettle's just died. Lid suddenly won't stay shut ? Literally, between cups of tea; Fukked.

No worries. Had it donkeys years. Given me good service. Off to Amazon .....

Untitled.jpg.953b637d329b7b53f13075431867a44e.jpg

I Know it's a totally impractical, childish fukking novelty. But, I'm the guy who finds frogs amusing and is thrilled by chickens walking up boards! Fukking live with it! :laugh:

Now, I fancy watching a mug of water getting hot in my kettle. Problem?

Just wondering if anyone had anything dreadful to say about the things. Generic one. Score or so, like any other, basic, kettle. They alright? :)

• Haha 1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stove went on yesterday so the kettle will be on until March, electric kettle will be going away for the winter in the next week or two ?

Saw this on Facebook    Can anyone help me ,terrible condensation in the kitchen ,if you can help please pop round ,the kettles always on .

All makes perfect sense mate... Who wouldn't "just put the kettle on" if their not "actively drinking tea"... I mean, when we're hacking the f**k out of the hedge to watch chickens, scouring

Posted Images

Sort of related...... I'm on an energy saving crusade at the moment, so, instead of boiling the kettle 10-15 times a day, I've bought one of those 3 litre air pump vacuum flasks.

Fill it in the morning, lasts all day, plenty hot enough for coffee until bedtime ?

Cheers.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Sort of related...... I'm on an energy saving crusade at the moment, so, instead of boiling the kettle 10-15 times a day, I've bought one of those 3 litre air pump vacuum flasks.

Fill it in the morning, lasts all day, plenty hot enough for coffee until bedtime ?

Cheers.

My dad is doing that... he was quite proud when he told me... I was unexcited completely by it.... I'm an absolute money waster in his eyes now... oh well at least I'm not have a luke warm cuppa for my last drink of the day...

Edited by NEWKID
  • Haha 3
Just now, NEWKID said:

It would completely ruin Ken's "I want to watch my hot water boil" dreams though....

One moment of excitement in the morning, then staring at Thermos all day...?

I realised as soon as I posted that it would be " what's an air pump vacuum flask", " what's the best air pump vacuum flask", " how good are air pump vacuum flasks", ?

No offence KD, I quite like some of your "esoteric " posts ?

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
41 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

Stove went on yesterday so the kettle will be on until March, electric kettle will be going away for the winter in the next week or two ?

4F695585-D31D-44B9-B3FA-6CF11952E8CB.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Kettle's just died. Lid suddenly won't stay shut ? Literally, between cups of tea; Fukked.

No worries. Had it donkeys years. Given me good service. Off to Amazon .....

Untitled.jpg.953b637d329b7b53f13075431867a44e.jpg

I Know it's a totally impractical, childish fukking novelty. But, I'm the guy who finds frogs amusing and is thrilled by chickens walking up boards! Fukking live with it! :laugh:

Now, I fancy watching a mug of water getting hot in my kettle. Problem?

Just wondering if anyone had anything dreadful to say about the things. Generic one. Score or so, like any other, basic, kettle. They alright? :)

No!  We had one, if you bang it on the tap when your going to fill it, (no specs on) they smash ?‍♀️

Cheers, D.

• Thanks 1
Just now, Greyman said:

4F695585-D31D-44B9-B3FA-6CF11952E8CB.jpeg

My missus drew the line at me burning pallets in an old oil drum in the garden and having a kettle permanently on the boil....don't know why, makes perfect sense to me ! ?

Cheers.

• Haha 3
49 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

do you squeak when you walk chart ? 

• Haha 1
57 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

What ever you get buy 2 ? then you won’t be on this position when next time dies 

Fukkin Light Years ahead of you, mate! :boogy:(Or, at least a hundred. Must've been that long ago my old dear ~ quite randomly, as she was prone to do :huh:) bought me This!

k.JPG.4c9d363a372bf4c66943d4f7172f0eeb.JPG

Fukking woman came home, one day? Said " I bought ye this, son. " Completely out of the blue. Fukkin nine inch, plastic spirit level :icon_eek: Like WTF?!

So, I'm sitting there. 'Err. Yes. Orange? Very, er, pretty. Spirit level, eh? Well, I'll errr ..... I'll just go and ... level something. Some time ..... Thanks, mum.'

Know what? I now Swear there's not a week in my life goes by, I don't have some fukking reason to reach for that damn spirit level!!! Fukking thing's one of the most used tools in my bag! Incredible!

And, to This Day, every time I reach for it? I say; " Thanks, Mum! " And she's been dead since god knows when. I must've had this cheap, plastic tool for aeons! Never let me down! :good:

But, yeah. Just dug out my little, thus far never used, stand by kettle :)

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I realised as soon as I posted that it would be " what's an air pump vacuum flask", " what's the best air pump vacuum flask", " how good are air pump vacuum flasks", ?

No offence KD, I quite like some of your "esoteric " posts ?

Cheers.

"Esoteric"... that's a new one for my vocabulary... yes I like that, thank you... ?

1 minute ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Fukkin Light Years ahead of you, mate! :boogy:(Or, at least a hundred. Must've been that long ago my old dear ~ quite randomly, as she was prone to do :huh:) bought me This!

k.JPG.4c9d363a372bf4c66943d4f7172f0eeb.JPG

Fukking woman came home, one day? Said " I bought ye this, son. " Completely out of the blue. Fukkin nine inch, plastic spirit level :icon_eek: Like WTF?!

So, I'm sitting there. 'Err. Yes. Orange? Very, er, pretty. Spirit level, eh? Well, I'll errr ..... I'll just go and ... level something. Some time ..... Thanks, mum.'

Know what? I now Swear there's not a week in my life goes by, I don't have some fukking reason to reach for that damn spirit level!!! Fukking thing's one of the most used tools in my bag! Incredible!

And, to This Day, every time I reach for it? I say; " Thanks, Mum! " And she's been dead since god knows when. I must've had this cheap, plastic tool for aeons! Never let me down! :good:

But, yeah. Just dug out my little, thus far never used, stand by kettle :)

Mums just know....?

• Like 1