• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ffs, do you ever stop to listen to yourself, you absolute lemon. 

Seen two, heard one barking. No shots fired.

More than likely this years young calling after being pushed away by adults. It's not just mating when they call. Every year in September a thread will come up asking if there pairing up early. T

Posted Images

2 hours ago, wilbur foxhound said:

So does all this barking mean that vixens are in heat ?

Good question.

I was talking to an old keeper and he says not necessarily.

It could be challenging others.

Interesting he said he has had it happen when calling. A dog fox comes in to not the call but to deter others coming to it. Trying to hold an area I guess.

I experienced something similar the other night.

• Like 1

More than likely this years young calling after being pushed away by adults. It's not just mating when they call.

Every year in September a thread will come up asking if there pairing up early. There will obviously be some exceptions as nature never does everything by a rule book 

• Like 5

I’ve got to wonder how we all come to these theories. Because that’s all they are . I have spent hours upon hours in the pursuit of Charlie . With Lurcher’s , terrier’s, snares and shotgun and rifle.   I reckon I know more than most but less than others .    
             And I don’t know . The thing is I don’t spend hours observing their behaviour. If I see a fox it’s usually trying to get away from me or it’s dead.  I hear them calling, but it’s usually later on and it’s to another fox at mating time . Then I would probably be putting on a similar sound on my Icotec and try to shoot it . I will leave the observation to the BBC Autumn watch . Chris Packem could probably tell you .???

6 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I’ve got to wonder how we all come to these theories. Because that’s all they are . I have spent hours upon hours in the pursuit of Charlie . With Lurcher’s , terrier’s, snares and shotgun and rifle.   I reckon I know more than most but less than others .    
             And I don’t know . The thing is I don’t spend hours observing their behaviour. If I see a fox it’s usually trying to get away from me or it’s dead.  I hear them calling, but it’s usually later on and it’s to another fox at mating time . Then I would probably be putting on a similar sound on my Icotec and try to shoot it . I will leave the observation to the BBC Autumn watch . Chris Packem could probably tell you .???

I wouldn't ask him anything.

I have spent years likewise and have come to conclusion that there is no end to their attributes!

No other animal in the UK earns my admiration than the fox.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
3 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

I wouldn't ask him anything.

I have spent years likewise and have come to conclusion that there is no end to their attributes!

No other animal in the UK earns my admiration than the fox.

I have a bit of an obsession with foxes . If you came around for a cuppa you would see ornaments, pictures, books , and now taxidermy devoted to foxes . 
          The Mrs and kids think I’m nuts , visitors look a bit bewildered. But they are my passion……. and yet I kill them.  even I can’t work it out . 

• Like 4
9 hours ago, David.evans said:

SL 

Its a case of who is the sneaky one , you can only shoot what you see , I sometimes wonder how many have seen me or smelt for what ever reason and pissed off , and you’d never know 

My old shooting coat use to a regular dose of fox pee and deer pee. It bought me valuable seconds on many a rendezvous!

• Haha 1