First fire of the season

Been cutting wood myself, this afters :yes: Stacking sacks upon sacks of the shit. Been at it for months on end.  Bet it won't last five minutes though, once I start into it.

November eve, I spark up. Till then, regardless, I'll wear a fleece and bitch and moan to myself. But, Tradition Is :good:

• Like 1
Just now, Ken's Deputy said:

Been cutting wood myself, this afters :yes: Stacking sacks upon sacks of the shit. Been at it for months on end.  Bet it won't last five minutes though, once I start into it.

November eve, I spark up. Till then, regardless, I'll wear a fleece and bitch and moan to myself. But, Tradition Is :good:

Bit early for me as well mate I normally brave it out. Same got all my logs stacked up plus bags an bags of kindle ready to go but loads of shit wood I’ve cut I like burn first I save all the decent seasoned logs for them long winter nights because I buy them in ?? 140£ a large trailer load from my local farm supply’s they always hook me up a proper load 

• Like 1

The house stinks....like when you first light a new logburner and it gives off that acrid burn smell the first couple of times. Don't know why cos it's not new..... perhaps it's a build up of dust behind it or something , giving me a right sore throat 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DIDO.1 said:

The house stinks ..... perhaps it's a build up of dust behind it or something , giving me a right sore throat 

That's not right, mate :no: I always rip all the guts out of mine first. Good brushing off. Then ~ most importantly ~ get my hand in the short pipe that goes back of the stove into the flue?

Amazing the clack that can build up there. Chokes the flow, see? Rip it off in chunks, with my fingers. Burns like a fukking dream, after that :)

2 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

That's not right, mate :no: I always rip all the guts out of mine first. Good brushing off. Then ~ most importantly ~ get my hand in the short pipe that goes back of the stove into the flue?

Amazing the clack that can build up there. Chokes the flow, see? Rip it off in chunks, with my fingers. Burns like a fukking dream, after that :)

Our kid is going to sweep it for us tomorrow.

• Like 1
On 25/09/2022 at 18:40, DIDO.1 said:

The house stinks....like when you first light a new logburner and it gives off that acrid burn smell the first couple of times. Don't know why cos it's not new..... perhaps it's a build up of dust behind it or something , giving me a right sore throat 

They always smell on the first light up as you say it’s just dust burn off, I stripped mine down and brushed the flu about a month back but still got that horrible smell the first one electric toasters are the same if you don’t use them for a while ??

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...